• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids 2 questions about Opana and Oxycodone

trunkofmycar

Bluelighter
Hi, everybody! You guys seem to know most things about drugs, and you've helped me out loads of times, so here goes.

1. I've heard if you let the new Opanas turn to jelly in your mouth they no longer work. Is this true, how can this BE true? I mean, doesn't it just turn to jelly in your throat and stomach anyway? I think this is bs, but I wanted to be sure.

2. The second thing I've heard that I want confirmed is the fact that generic versions of pills (naming oxycodone precisely) can have up to 50% more or LESS than the actual mg amount. My doctor was actually the one to tell me this! It scares me, ya'know?

Thanks a lot to anybody who answers my questions, I love you guys. xo

Last edited:
Hi, everybody! You guys seem to know most things about drugs, and you've helped me out loads of times, so here goes.

1. I've heard if you let the new Opanas turn to jelly in your mouth they no longer work. Is this true, how can this BE true? I mean, doesn't it just turn to jelly in your throat and stomach anyway? I think this is bs, but I wanted to be sure.

2. The second thing I've heard that I want confirmed is the fact that generic versions of pills (naming oxycodone precisely) can have up to 50% more or LESS than the actual mg amount. My doctor was actually the one to tell me this! It scares me, ya'know?

Thanks a lot to anybody who answers my questions, I love you guys. xo

1 - Yes this true. The same thing happend to the oxycontins. This is the NEW pills though. If you got the octagon shaped ones your good.

2 - No. That's a myth.

Well, I'm glad the second one is a myth, but I need to split my Opana (which is a new kind) and how can I accomplish that withouth chewing vigorously? I've tried sawing at it with a razor, but it just doesn't work. Doesn't it turn to jelly in your stomach anyway? Your throat and stomach are moist!

Nope, they certainly don't! But I still don't quite understand the science behind this, is it only safe to get wet with acid? Is the moisture in your throat and mouth when you swallow the pill enough to make it lose its potency some? Is there a reason saliva does this, and if it does, how much saliva is dangeous?

I managed to cut it (it took half an hour, seriously!) with a knife, but I was just curious...

I will try and post a link containing this info, can't right now because am crunched for time. Don't know about the Opana?
I have read that generic drugs can vary on the amount of active ingredient up to 20%, either way. I checked into this specifically for oxycodone.

im pretty sure i read u gently lick off the coating , dry it with a napkin or something , cut it into lots of peices and put it in water for a while , hopefully someone can elaborate .

The pills "turning to jelly" has nothing to do with potency. It is just a new formulation like the Oxycontin "OP" formula which is designed to gel when it gets when to prevent those that wish to take off the thin coating and then grind them up to either snort or shoot them up. They gel when they get wet. This leaves on with the option of taking them as described or it is easy to make them in to a powder and take them by using something such as a sharp tool made for removing the rind from lemons which is like a very fine sharp grater. Much sharper than a cheese grater. I use this on my Oxycontin and then swallow the result which makes them release much faster than swallowing them whole. It still does not allow for snorting or shooting them though. So the same thing goes with your new Opana. If you don't want to take them this way then get the old type as you can. As with the Oxycontin change some pharmacies will still have some of those left, you just have to call around and ask. Eventually the makers of the brand name Oxycontin actually sent out a recall for their own generic version of the pills and pharmacies had to send them back to the Mfg..

There are still some other countries other than the US where you can get the original OC's. It will be a while before that is even a possibility over here due to patent law and then other politics and drug company greed will determine what happens. If you like the Opana that does not gel on contact with water I would suggest getting your friendly pharmacist to set aside what they have for you while you can. I did this when the OC change happened until their supply eventually ran out. I never shot a drug in my life but it was nice to turn them in to instant release by mouth or the rare nasal ingestion at my discretion.

Pills are allowed to contain like +/-5% as far as i know. meaning a generic roxi could have anywhere from 28.5 to 31.5mg of oxycodone.

^ where? in the US I am pretty sure its less. please show where you got that from. thanks :)

Nah he's right. The mot I ever seen in a pill is 31mg, the least was 28.

^ where? in the US I am pretty sure its less. please show where you got that from. thanks :)

It most certainly is less not more, I doubt there will be any sources produced that show 30mg roxicodones contain more than this, and it's certainly not something you can see in a pill, lol 80mg.

Why would a pharmaceutical company give you 5% more drug because they are allowed to? I guarantee you they would be putting 28.5mg in every roxi 30 if they could get away with it. Which they probably do, but as of right now we are all speculating...

Obviously you can't see it physically unless you extracted and left in the sun or under a lmp to get the powder back. Even then itd look like a tiny little pile of dust.

I meant to say on pill analysis websites. Even though it's a labratory there made in it's not always perfect ya know? Just like when you get a script...and look at the pills. Some of the pills have the imprint sideways and shit.

Considering Ive done both generic and "name-brand" oxycodone. I'd agree its alot more of a random dose, sometimes feels a pinch stronger and sometimes don't feel them at all.

Name-brand all the way everyday.