• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Withdrawal after being clean for a few days?

cjb017

Bluelighter
Hi guys,

I just wanted to ask a question and let you know I'm 72 clean from heroin and I feel way better than ever.

Anyway my question is I have tickets to go to a rehan to teach me how to not use anymore and I'm gonma tell them i finished detoxing which i basically.

My question is if I do a shot of heroin for my last time before grtting on the plane will that restart the entire withdrawal process? Just the tiniest amount like 1/8 i use to do a day. I really don't want to restart all my efforts.

What are your thoughts?

It has worked or me in the past I put longer and longer and lesss and less use in between using and that helped so this seems like an okay idea!

Thoughts?

Don't do it if you're serious about staying clean...it sounds like a really bad idea that could simply pull you back into the trap.

(congrats on being 72h clean though! :) )

Definitely do not do it man. After 72 HRS your not even completely done with the withdrawal process...not even close. So yes...doing another shot would put you back at square one. You've made it this far, why restart the clock?

You will absoltuely put yourself back to square 1. Your doing amazingly well, its really great youve gone 72 hours, your not out of the woods yet but your well on your way and thats great. No point throwing that all away. Good luck and please dont use again :).

Hey i did it anyway and it was a 20 dollar bag and I use to do 160 a day everyday and so for me to go 72 hours clean and then just use a 20 bag I don't think restarted it cause I feel amazing still and it's been 9 hours :)

why ask for advice if you're not gonna listen to what we have to say?
Congrats on 72hours tho it takes work! hopefully the days rack up now and you dont start over.

EDIT: are you planning on just continuing what you just did since it turned out ok?
i would still advise detox if it was up to me, im clean for 5 years now.. i do use bupe once in a while but im not hooked to it.

congrats on staying clean, i hope it goes well for you!
Ya I use to shoot up 120 dollars worth a day and now I was clean 3 days and felt almost normal after 3 days and then used 50 dollars worth and feel fine still. I don't think it restarted it but maybe just delayed the end of the withdrawal after those 72 hours but I'm heading right to rehab right now
:)

People typically ask others for ideas and opinions just to have options. Regardless of whether or not they choose to do specifically what you've suggested.

I want to know why people are satying he would be back at square one? If youre doing 120 of dope a day and then youre clean for 3 days and do 20 how owuld that put you back at square one? ANY reduction in dose, is helpful is it not?

why ask for advice if you're not gonna listen to what we have to say?

Most people already have their minds made before they even post, but will ask for advice in hopes of getting some responses that will help them using.

I want to know why people are satying he would be back at square one? If youre doing 120 of dope a day and then youre clean for 3 days and do 20 how owuld that put you back at square one? ANY reduction in dose, is helpful is it not?

It's not a reduction in dose if they did 0 for the last 3 days and just did a 50 bag. It's going to kick withdrawals back in, but maybe not as bad as their original withdrawal. Withdrawal is your body adjusting to operating with no drugs in your system, so putting drugs back in your system will cause the body to have to adjust again since it went back to operating with drugs in the system again.

Guys im at treatment now and I didn't withdrawal all over again. If I am withdrawaling it sure is very minimal like 10 percent of the original withdrawal if it did reset it. I agree with burn out and tommy boy. The good thing is I used again and didn't withdrawal horribly and am not in treatment :)

If you wanna be clean you need to stop doing the drug...you dont need to of started classes yet to tell you that. Yes your w/d's will start all over again because it's mostly the mental cravings that start the physical w/d's anyways. Just stay clean.

your going to go teach people to quit, as you take some before hand?? what is this like me going to church and listening to a preacher after he just F&$ked the organist?

If it's just going to be a small amount and your already going to rehab. I would say might as well. Once you have made up your mind that your going to quit it's not going to matter. Plus like others said 3 days in you still got usually another 3 days to go if your lucky then the hard part is in the weeks to come, adjusting back to sobriety without opiates.

In the first stages of quiting it seems like a common occurence for people to make it a couple days maybe a week, then get high again and start it all over. That's just the way it goes. Eventually one of those times your not going to give in to the urge to get high and will succeed in quiting.

If it's just going to be a small amount and your already going to rehab. I would say might as well. Once you have made up your mind that your going to quit it's not going to matter.

I agree. If you have ever watched the show Intervention before the trip to the rehabilitation clinic they addict is advised to take one more final dose before their travel. The reasoning for this is so they do not go through the w/d on their own. The clinics usually have medications to ward off and treat the symptoms of the w/d. It also makes it a bit easier on the anxiety upon arrival.

But then again if there is nothing backing up or forcing you to arrive at the clinic such as there is in intervention then one "final use" could turn out to "fuck rehab imma do me." I know i kind of contradicted myself but im on the fence about the subject of one final use before rehab...

Good luck to you though

If you wanna be clean you need to stop doing the drug...you dont need to of started classes yet to tell you that. Yes your w/d's will start all over again because it's mostly the mental cravings that start the physical w/d's anyways. Just stay clean.

The OP already used and went to rehab. They said they didn't have bad withdrawals, but I don't think it had been long enough for them to know that yet.

your going to go teach people to quit, as you take some before hand?? what is this like me going to church and listening to a preacher after he just F&$ked the organist?

They said they were going to rehab to be taught how to get clean (spoiler: I hear it has something to do with not picking up drugs and getting high from them ;) ) so they are going to be a patient, not a councelor.

Guys im at treatment now and I didn't withdrawal all over again. If I am withdrawaling it sure is very minimal like 10 percent of the original withdrawal if it did reset it. I agree with burn out and tommy boy. The good thing is I used again and didn't withdrawal horribly and am not in treatment :)

So you are in treatment or not in treatment? Or did I miss something? :\