• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Possible blood infection?

geraggh34

Bluelighter
Two nights ago I went through a gram of cocaine IV. Since I've been getting frequent chills nothing like the unbearable chills I get when I'm dope sick. I have no lumps or bumps from any possible partial misses the closest thing I can think of was finishing a shot with blood trying to reregister but only five minutes or so. I used a new pin everytime because I wanted to finish them off And get rid of them (not that I usually don't) so I'd take a break from the needle, which I haven't spiked since then :) and cleaned my spoon. I was shaking pretty bad for a few minutes during the time I was using that night, and mainly just my arms. I haven't been able to check my temperature but I have my girlfriend feel my head every now and again lol. I've just been reading about sepsis and blood infections and it has my anxiety out the roof.

Oh and I was sweating frequently that morning/day but not now so that could have been just coming off the little binge. Haven't had any unnecessary sweating in over a day now. And opiate withdrawals are ruled out I have been on my regular dose of bupe.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

EDIT: okay I noticed something that is freaking me out a bit. If I rub the skin on my arms anywhere little goose chill bumps appear right where I touched.

Last edited:
Do you have a red line leading up the vein from your injection site in the direction of your heart? It's impossible to tell for sure if you have a blood infection without seeing a doctor, but if you have a red line or most of the following symptoms and they seem to be getting worse then I'd advise you get medical attention:
- fever (take your temperature)
- shaking, chills, or very low body temperature
- decreased urination
- rapid pulse
- rapid breathing
- nausea and/or vomiting
- diarrhea

It could also be the after-effects of the cocaine - when did your symptoms start, how long has it been since you last used, and do they seem to be getting progressively worse?

The only symptom is chills and not sure about temperature I'm going to go buy the therm to take it right now. I have a natural fast heart rate and it doesn't seem abnormal I feel my pulse on an everyday basis and it definitely feels the same and not faster, slower if anything. Not sure about diarrhea opiate constipation and stims involved recently I haven't had a BM in 2 days. I've only pissed twice today and I'm dehrydated like usual, and urine isnt abnormal color just real light yellow. It's been 50 hours or so since my last shot. And honestly I think they actually started in the middle of the cocaine use and there was a short brief period where I was shaking kind of bad, but I'm sure it was because I just did a shot and immediately started to prep another after the ringer instead of staying put I try and wait 20 minutes at least between each shot but sometimes I'll prep one right after if it wasn't big enough or blood clogged the rig which only happened one time and I tossed it

Last edited:
Oh and no red lining on any veins I rotated almost every vein in both arms throughout the night