• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe subby to methadone to subby again....Discuss

nottsladpopeye

Greenlighter
how do,
joined a while back,
went to jail raving,
got my habit under some sort of control,
came out a few weeks back with a 4 ml a day script to be picked up every monday,
so far so good yeah? not so much, well, because i went away for going on sick, trying to support a stupidly out of control habit, my mrs gave me
THE ULTIMATUM.
No drugs or no Mrs. Well im not loosing her (cant/wont/will blatently end lifes to keep)
and in jail went from 80ml methadone to 4 ml subby in 12 weeks
ooooooowwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!
then came to the end of my sentance (with tag).
Told the mrs i was done and im working this out quickly and quitely.
So why the post? Well..... Yesterday it was roasting hot so i took off my jeans and put my shorts on..Mrs washed them....With my tablets in the johny pocket. she didnt find them (THANK F ^$$£) but they did disolve / disperse / are no longer available to me. dont pick up till monday, only hours away .... but.... i work in a pizza factory 6 am till 2 pm an hour traveling by push bike each way and my license conditions include urine tests so the question is if i had 4 ml of subby around tea time last night can i take 30 odd ml of methadone now to get me through tonight and tomorows work or will i get pwd's? because of the overlap? feeling yawny and watery eyes now (maybe been sat at pc too long but dont feel great) i know about precipitated w ds but it all from what ive heard not any kind of facts and i dont know what to do
cant score because of the piss tests
no subby link
got 30 ml meth around me (good good friend split his meds we me) ( can blag that we probation tell the story, it was smack or meth i chose the lesser of two weevils(russle crow joke))
any advice,
please?
popeye

I'm assuming you mean you've been taking 4mg of Suboxone, not 4ml (ml are a liquid measurement), and that the methadone you have contains 1mg of methadone for every ml, so 30ml liquid methadone solution would contain 30mg of methadone. Yes you would get precipitated withdrawals from taking methadone and Suboxone that close together. Sorry. How much time do you have before you can get your next dose of Suboxone? (like how many hours)

thank you for your reply swim,
yes its correct that i have been doing 4mg of subutex, and i had 30/1ml methadone,
the part about precipitated wd;s is however incorrect,
as i was feeling shitty, about 10.30 last night, and, had to be up at 4.30 for work, so, i drank it then slept like a baby, woke not rattling, worked my shift till 2, and, i took my 2mg of my subbys nasally at 3ish this afternoon and am feeling fine, infact im feeling gouchy good we this heat ;)
i do however accept that pwd's are/were a real danger due to the time frame but as i came out of work i had massive pupils and was feeling yawny/eyes watering
my rational of why im ok goes like this
because i use regular subutex the methadone didnt take to the receptors just the already clear ones as i was getting shitty and the reverse when i sniffed the 2ml
anyway the reason i come back to write this is i didnt find a thread with a concusive/tested timeframe to use as a reference so im putting it up for the next person who wants to know if you can go subby/meth/subby without half killing yourself in the process how do you tag posts for easy finding via google? anyone?
popeye

Hey there,

Sorry you've had such a rough time! I am going to move this to Other Drugs as they have more experience in this area, hope that's okay.

BDD > OD

It will hold you over...(done' in place of bupe') w/o PW's - In reverse order it does not work as well, that being said it is generally
just not a good idea if you can avoid it.

thank you for your reply swim,
yes its correct that i have been doing 4mg of subutex, and i had 30/1ml methadone,
the part about precipitated wd;s is however incorrect,
as i was feeling shitty, about 10.30 last night, and, had to be up at 4.30 for work, so, i drank it then slept like a baby, woke not rattling, worked my shift till 2, and, i took my 2mg of my subbys nasally at 3ish this afternoon and am feeling fine, infact im feeling gouchy good we this heat ;)
i do however accept that pwd's are/were a real danger due to the time frame but as i came out of work i had massive pupils and was feeling yawny/eyes watering
my rational of why im ok goes like this
because i use regular subutex the methadone didnt take to the receptors just the already clear ones as i was getting shitty and the reverse when i sniffed the 2ml
anyway the reason i come back to write this is i didnt find a thread with a concusive/tested timeframe to use as a reference so im putting it up for the next person who wants to know if you can go subby/meth/subby without half killing yourself in the process how do you tag posts for easy finding via google? anyone?
popeye

I'm so glad it worked out for you. I should have said you could or "should" get PWS from taking them that close together. I'm not sure if your method will work for everyone, everyone is different.
That's an interesting theory. I wonder if anyone else has tried this with similar results? Were you fine when you switched back to Subutex from methadone?

I'm so glad it worked out for you. I should have said you could or "should" get PWS from taking them that close together. I'm not sure if your method will work for everyone, everyone is different.
That's an interesting theory. I wonder if anyone else has tried this with similar results? Were you fine when you switched back to Subutex from methadone?

Sd...Just chiming in, but I think my results are typical for a moderate dose Mdone will hold you if/when you run out of Bupe' but in reverse it takes 2 or 3 days to adjust...

Sd...Just chiming in, but I think my results are typical for a moderate dose Mdone will hold you if/when you run out of Bupe' but in reverse it takes 2 or 3 days to adjust...
Yeah, that's what I've mostly heard too, so I was surprised when the OP said they switched to methadone for one day then switched back to bupe right away and felt totally fine. I don't think it will work that way for everyone unfortunately.