• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Extreme illness 12 hours after injecting micron filtered subutex and diphenhydramine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morphoid

Bluelighter
OK, I'll keep this brief as I feel like I'm going to throw my guts up any moment.

Last night, at around 3:00AM I injected my usual 2mg of subutex (have been doing for nearly a year without problems) and some diphenhydramine (again, not unusual) which I ran through a stringent filtration process. I went to bed feeling fine but woke up at around midday today with the following symptoms:

• Extreme Nausea
  • Pain in all my body
  • Banging headache
  • Stomach Pain
  • Heavy drowsiness
  • Specific joint pain

I am not in withdrawal as this is my pattern every day and I never start feeling the twinges of WD until around 1AM the next night. I don't think it was a dirty hit, as surely I'd have felt the symptoms much sooner after I'd shot. *Just had to go and vomit. :( Bile and dry heaves now.*

This is the first time I've felt like this and don't know what's happening. It is possible that one of my filters let through a bit more than I would have liked, as I had to re-use it. But I don't know why it would have taken so long for the symptoms to hit. I'm going to go and drink a couple of pints of water and eat some toast slowly and maybe take some ibuprofen and paracetamol for the feverishness and pain.

Last edited:
Sure its subutex...no naloxone? You COULD just be sick sick...like the flu

Maybe too much bupe?

Bupe hit me in different ways. Sometimes extremely low doses (4-8mg) would get me outrageously sick, but doses of 8-16mg would make me feel pleasant and not in wd. I switched from bupe to methadone because of that. I dunno tho really. Bupe to me is a bizarre chemical.

Maybe too much bupe?

Bupe hit me in different ways. Sometimes extremely low doses (4-8mg) would get me outrageously sick, but doses of 8-16mg would make me feel pleasant and not in wd. I switched from bupe to methadone because of that. I dunno tho really. Bupe to me is a bizarre chemical.

Deffinedly. How did you get on methadone? Im getting so much reaction from Bupe I want to try to switch as well. I literaly havent slept in like 4 days. Bupe is like a upper to me.

You re-used a filter. There is mad bacteria growing in there, bro, don't do that.

You re-used a filter. There is mad bacteria growing in there, bro, don't do that.

I musta missed that. Ya. You should take osme anti biotics or just go to a Dr. You can tell a lil fib and say you just think you got an infection.

Fwiw, it sounds like he means that he used the filter twice (i.e once, then another time immediately afterward), rather than reusing an old one. Im no expert on this (at all) but that doesnt seem like he really reused one (in the classic/most obvious sense of the term).

The filter was used twice but in a period of 10 minutes so it wasn't that. Turns out I was allergic to the binders in this specific generic of buprenorphine. I've since remedied the problem by only getting branded Subutex® now. Thanks for the responses guys, to those of you who posted something sensible. :)

Glad you got to the bottom of it. I'm going to close the thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.