• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Powder coating my lunges? Making it hard to breath.

pinksocks

Greenlighter
Hey, so I snort my d. I snort anywhere from a gram to two in a day... which equates to a lot of powder

lately, I've been having trouble breathing after taking down ~4-6 lines... and it won't get any better for a couple of hours..

my friend tells me it's because the dope is coating my lunges making it hard for them to 'capture' oxygen

what can I do? :(

im not an expert but im pretty sure thats your body tellin you that you have done too much. too much opiate can cause respiratory problems. i doubt its the powder making it all the way to your lungs.

im not an expert but im pretty sure thats your body tellin you that you have done too much. too much opiate can cause respiratory problems. i doubt its the powder making it all the way to your lungs.

see, even if it's my first dose it happens of the day it happens.. o_O

and the main thing is I've been doing this much for a long time now.. why would I get respiratory problems now?

If you are having trouble breathing that is a bad sign. Slowed breathing could be caused by respiratory depression - are you talking about heroin? And it is also possible that the powder is getting into your lungs. Perhaps you need to switch to a different route of administration and stop snorting for a while.

drink some water and laugh so it goes down the wrong tube

That is terrible advice!

If you are having trouble breathing that is a bad sign. Slowed breathing could be caused by respiratory depression - are you talking about heroin? And it is also possible that the powder is getting into your lungs. Perhaps you need to switch to a different route of administration and stop snorting for a while.

That is terrible advice!

it's not slowed breathing..

It's that I can't fucking get a full breath

as if my lungs are ya know

covered in some shit :p

for example.. it's like I cannot get a breath of air that is refreshing.. I keep going and going

I can breath as fast as I want.. that's not the issue ;/

it's not slowed breathing..

It's that I can't fucking get a full breath

as if my lungs are ya know

covered in some shit :p

for example.. it's like I cannot get a breath of air that is refreshing.. I keep going and going

I can breath as fast as I want.. that's not the issue ;/

So do you mean your breathing is shallower than normal, or that no matter how deeply you breath you feel like you are not getting enough air? I would definitely stop snorting.

Go find a CO2 cafe - spend the whole day sucking oxygen, no matter if its the price of 3 or 4 bags...
Not really (all day) but catch my drift ?

try running the hottest shower you can with the door shut and no fan on. MAYBE the steam will loosen it or make it more absorbable? just an idea