• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Good herbs for nausea?

Herbal~Jah

Ex-Bluelighter
What are some good herbs (herbal tea and such) that are good for reducing nausea.. right now I used Chamomile tea plus i use lavender and lemon balm that i grow and make a Chamomile + lavender + lemon balm Tea... Are there any other good herbs besides Chamomile for reducing nausea or just being good for the stomach and such? Also good herbs for relaxing...I am looking for new herbs to add to my nightly herbal teas...

Last edited:
^that's what's up for real. technically, ginger's a root but if it can't be the mary jane then that's the best runner-up

Ginger is very good and will increase your appetite.

It thins the blood and increases stomach acid, so if you have any problems relating to these watch out.

I used to use it and found it very good.

Ginger beer and crystalized ginger were my favorite forms as they both taste gorgeous and are very spicy!

Datura, brugmansia, etc. contain hyoscyamine and scopolamine, which are pharmaceutically indicated for nausea (specifically motion sickness). Just be careful in your dosages.

Ginger is very good and will increase your appetite.

It thins the blood and increases stomach acid, so if you have any problems relating to these watch out.

I used to use it and found it very good.

Ginger beer and crystalized ginger were my favorite forms as they both taste gorgeous and are very spicy!

Ginger beer you say?! I have never seen or heard of Ginger Beer, is it alcoholic and where do you get it? Just any liquor store, (I assume only the big nice Liquor stores carry this "Ginger Beer" as I am assuming its more a 'specialty item'?)

Ginger beer isn't alcoholic, and can be found in most grocery stores. My favorite brand is Reed's. So good!

Black pepper and cinnamon can also help. I also drink aloe vera juice sometimes to better absorb food/supplements and clean off the walls of my stomach/bowels

Ginger! If you can find ginger tea it's amazing, or you could google how to make it from fresh. Also the pickled ginger they give you at sushi restaurants works.