• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

cure for depression

asecin

Bluelighter
guys, instead of antidepressants, why dont you cry ? cry is cure for depression.
it releases noradrenaline (norepinephrine) or adrenaline (epinephrine). same as many antidepressants !

adrenaline junkie is a non-medical colloquial term used to describe somebody appearing to be addicted to endogenous epinephrine. The "high" is caused by self-inducing a fight-or-flight response by intentionally engaging in stressful or risky behavior, which causes a release of epinephrine by the adrenal gland AKA CRYING.

so i believe this is the natural way to curb depression. why arent people practicing it more often ? if you have experienced it yourself, and witnessed it in many around you (or not) you know after each cry comes a smile. like after a rain, a sun.

Try telling that to the seriously depressed people that get up some days and don't stop crying 'til they go to sleep that night.

If you are mentally healthy than maybe a smile does come after but not when you are in the endless pits of depression.

Yeah, depression is not the same as sadness. A good cry is cathartic; cleansing even. Not a cure though-- at best a treatment.

Plus, few cases of depression are the same. As with all mental illness, you can't paint all cases with the same brush. Especially something as widespread and common as depression.

ooops wrong word "cure". since antidepressants effect same parts of the brain and they do not cure depression but only temporary fix it. i was suggesting cry is better than ssris in temporary relief so ill recomend it to all depressed instead of some fucking pills.

Sometimes it can help, sometimes it makes it worse.

Often crying comes along with Thinking and trying to solve things in your head, or talking with someone else for help and Support.

Exercise really seems to help with depression, as does just keeping busy, doing stuff and getting on with it.
It really depends on how frequent, serious and untreatable the depression is though, and the cause of it.

Interesting thread though.

my god, the ignorance that bashes "some fucking pills" but suggests depressed people just have a good cry.

how do you not choke on your breakfast?

I'd agree with most of the people in this thread. There is a very large difference between sadness (which can be relieved quite easily by crying) and depression. For some people, therapy helps, wherein crying usually happens, but it's mostly thoughts. However, for most people, they rely on medication and a small percentage of people actually need it for the chemical imbalances in their brain.

I was depressed for probably eight months a couple years ago. Therapy worked for me and I didn't need any medication. It might just be my personality or it might have been the therapist that helped me sort everything out. Either way, crying didn't do anything for me then. I can imagine it's the same way with a lot of other people who are clinically depressed.