• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Connecticut Will Be 17th State To Legalize Medical Marijuana

Unbreakable

Bluelighter
After a raucous debate last night that lasted longer than anticipated, the Connecticut senate passed a medical cannabis bill approved by the House earlier in the session that will now head to Governor Dannel Malloy’s willing pen for signature.

With Connecticut passing a medical cannabis bill, approximately one third of the US population now resides in a state that has decided to act in favor of it’s citizens’ will, as compared to the remarkably recalcitrant federal government, which, moronically, still insists cannabis is a dangerous ‘narcotic’ and has no accepted medical value what so ever.

Congratulations to Connecticut NORML and it’s coordinator Erik Williams for leading the charge to write and pass this important and affirming legislation (Erik and company had previously worked the legislature hard in 2011 to pass cannabis decriminalization laws)!

Source: Congrats Connecticut People :) One Small step for Mankind one day hopefully the whole country
http://blog.norml.org/2012/05/05/connecticut-will-be-17th-state-to-legalize-medical-marijuana/

Medical Marijuana is going well on a state/people level. Now if only the feds would stop wasting their time...

More and more states pass MMJ laws every year and it just seems to be gaining more and more positive support which I'm all for.

Medical Marijuana is going well on a state/people level. Now if only the feds would stop wasting their time...

More and more states pass MMJ laws every year and it just seems to be gaining more and more positive support which I'm all for.

It's only a matter of time before more than half the states have MMJ. TN was due to have it votes in but it didn't get into session in time so it stalled and will be voted on the next sessions. Once enough states get MMJ there will be a FED/state show down.

Way to go! While I do not like the idea of the gov. (state or fed) putting their hands in my bag, it would be better than facing jail time.

massachusetts is next in a few months. I bet there will be more than half by the end of 2014, maybe even by the end of 2013. Should be an interesting decade for marijuana in north america.

we're getting closer to the tipping point where more than half of the states vote in medical marijuana

^^not to mention there would be loads of people that are already set up to start dispensaries. They grow some damn good dope down there in the high blueridge. State parks all over the place lol.

also, if you are in a bad enough economic position as tenn. is, and cannabis is its number one cash crop, then why the fuck are they losing all that useful money, instead of raking in the profits? Its just moronic.