• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

my dogs nipples

bighooter

Bluelighter
my patterdale terrier who is a 1year old has massive nipples, like I mean rediculously big (approx 1.5-2inches)

Now I have never known any dog to be as tempramental as her before I mean usually a dog is pretty dumb and doesnt show much empathy but with my dog she looks at me as if she's in love with me.
I honestly think she fancies me the way she looks at me, and please guys take me serious coz i know it sounds whack but it freaks me out the way she gets all stroppy if I dont show her any attention and she follows me round everywhere.

I guess 'huge nipples' have something to do with hormones n that, but honestly ive never known anything like it and would like to discuss with someone who isnt going to judge me (my mates/family)

- Also I must note i've never known any dog to be able to run as fast and as far as her before she literally has an insane amount of energy it's annoying walking her coz im fit and i run with her like a headless chicken for nearly an hour and she still aint satisfied... messed up

I have come to realize that more types of dogs have an insane amount of energy that is only used when you go running. They just don't seem to get tired for very long.

Is your dog fixed? The "huge nipples" part might be because of that. Has she ever had pups? How old is she?

^ What SL said. Also, do you ever let her run off the leash? Running on relatively level ground is much different than running at full tilt through the woods or even in an open field. I can walk one of my dogs for nearly four miles before she gets tired, and even then it's more soreness from walking on pavement--But if I take her to the park and let her run (albeit on a 20 ft leash with me in tow), she tires pretty quickly.

Oh, how I can't wait to have a big backyard...

I have a bitch that fits your description, but she does not have big nips, in fact they are quite small. She's actually become a problem lately since she started following everyone around just wagging her tail and wanting to be pet, and then she wants to be let outside every 5 minutes and she will run around like crazy. I just put a lot of grass seed down in my yard where I removed a tree and a few bushes and she is messing it all up by running over it so hard and kicking all the seed and soil around. She isn't that smart, but she is very emotional.

I'm going to walk her a lot more and see if that helps because right now she is very annoying. She deserves more attention, but looks for it at the wrong times right now.

I have a bitch that fits your description, but she does not have big nips, in fact they are quite small. She's actually become a problem lately since she started following everyone around just wagging her tail and wanting to be pet, and then she wants to be let outside every 5 minutes and she will run around like crazy. I just put a lot of grass seed down in my yard where I removed a tree and a few bushes and she is messing it all up by running over it so hard and kicking all the seed and soil around. She isn't that smart, but she is very emotional.

I'm going to walk her a lot more and see if that helps because right now she is very annoying. She deserves more attention, but looks for it at the wrong times right now.
Put something around the area. When I reseed the backyard, I put a chair and a few other large items around the area--It keeps the dogs away from it enough to let the seeds sow. :) It's an eyesore, but it does the job. ;)

My brother's dog used to follow everyone around and want to be pet constantly when we first brought her here--Giving her a crate ("safe place") and teaching her to lay down it in (it's unlocked except for when no one's home) was an easy solution even for an old dog (she's about eight years old). Also, I make sure to give her a pet down once a day, as I do with my other dogs.

Well, it could be better if you shared some pics of the situation. I'm not sure about it but perception says that
it can be swelling in nipples. If these got larger gradually and have some spots too, then I'm sure it is swelling. Don't
worry about it. After some time it will be healed by itself. Give some anti-allergic pills prescribed a vet.buy dog treats

Last edited: