• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Consuming a liquid diet while abusing stimulants and/or suffering from an illness(es)

bupropion

Bluelighter
Btw I'm vegetatian

Are there benefits to consuming a liquid diet while ab/using stimulants (I'm pretty sure there are with some illnesses)? I've taken Benzedrex and Concerta very recently and have had bronchitis and difficulty breathing especially in the night - both for a month - (I DON'T have asthma - I can blow an asthma test to 690+), and in the past 24+ hours I've consumed only liquid foods with the exception of baby spinach, (plus I take vitamins A, B12, D, E, and Folic as well as DHA and DHEA):

This is the food content of the liquids I have ingested:

800cal saturated fat - increases testosterone which is probably decreased by sleep deprivation
550cal polyunsaturated fat (good ones though) - including anti-inflammatory
250cal monounsaturated fat
500cal sugars
100cal complex carbohydrates - it's hard to find a carb drink without dairy products, which can increase nasal congestion/bronchitis symptoms
150cal protein
1 gallon+ liquids today alone

Last edited:
You should eat real, whole foods in smaller, more frequent amounts instead of drinking isolated nutrients.

Are there benefits to consuming a liquid diet while ab/using stimulants

i have a hard time comprehending this question. abusing stimulants, IME/IMO, does more damage to your body than any other substance. you shouldnt abuse them. you should use them in moderation, so that you can preserve your body into old age. if you abuse them now, there will come a time when you cant do drugs at all, and id say thats not a very dedicated druggie.

You should eat real, whole foods in smaller, more frequent amounts instead of drinking isolated nutrients.

as for this:
800cal saturated fat - increases testosterone which is probably decreased by sleep deprivation
550cal polyunsaturated fat (good ones though) - including anti-inflammatory
250cal monounsaturated fat
500cal sugars
100cal complex carbohydrates - it's hard to find a carb drink without dairy products, which can increase nasal congestion/bronchitis symptoms
150cal protein
1 gallon+ liquids today alone

youre consuming energy. youre not consuming nutrition. "increases testosterone" ... srsly? you really think the body is so simple that just eating saturated fat you magically produce hormones? youre going to put your body into some awful states from denying it the wholesome nutrition that it needs.

eat dark leafy greens. eat dark purple and blue fruits. eat raw soaked nuts. do less drugs. the body needs more than "calories," all of the stay at home mom health specials on youtube youre watching are lying to you.

there is no other way to optimal health than through what Nature biologically adapted you to consume.

I am on optifast which is a liquid meal replacement shake diet, and I abuse stimulants, the optifast shakes are formulated nutritionally complete and so I figure it's fine. But it is dairy based and you don't do dairy do you?

If you wanted to do it with just juicing you'd probably have to take vitamins or a use a wide variety of fruits and vegetables in your juicing to get everything you need, Try also juicing some legumes or brown rice if that's possible because as a vegetarian you just need to be getting fruit, veg, legumes and grains in variety and you get all your nutrition. Take a B12 supplement is the only thing.

We've played around with ice cream/soup while rolling, does slightly help with the 'worn out' feeling

but it's no real substitute for food

Certain hospital strength liquid nutrition formula is not a bad way to go.. eg novasource 2.0 - high in nitrogen, protiens etc. If you are like many of us, who are turned off by the thought of food, these drinks are an easy alternative, not to mention easy on the jaw, or the scratchy throat.

But always remember to keep hydrated whilst your on stimulants.. remembering the diruetic qualities of these drugs..
Be safe..

Hmm try juicing some dried beans or darkish grain if that's possible because as a veggie you just need to be getting fruit, veg, dried beans and grain in wide range and you get all your nourishment. Take a B12 complement is the only factor....

Orlando Workout

Last edited: