• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids first time plugging

Neuropathic1

Greenlighter
So today I tried it and was kinda disappointed. I currently take 3 30 mg Hydromorphone contin 3X a day with Dilaudid 4 mg IR for breakthrough pain. I suspect that maybe my tolerance may be why I didn't get any opiate rush or notice any effects at all. I used the plugging thread for reference and did everything instructed.

I used 3 - 4mg Dilaudid and put them in a solution of 10ml and used an oral syringe. I am thinking of maybe doubling the amount of Dilaudid and trying that, or should I just up the dose by 1 pill each go? Or would it be more effective to use the hydromorphone in water and try that? I have quite severe pain issues and dont want to do IV because of possible renal failure and I don't want to get a bad habit.

Thanks for your input!

You should be careful when titrating your dose up to where you want to be. How many dilaudid IR do you use for breakthru? Definitely don't IV if you can help it, and never without micron filters.

TBH I don't plug too much these days because I'm constipated from my normal dose of suboxone most days, and I've found if there is anything, shall we say obstructions of anything up there, the drug can have problems absorbing. So make sure it's all clean :) I find the best time to plug is right after you take a big ole shit.

You should be careful when titrating your dose up to where you want to be. How many dilaudid IR do you use for breakthru? Definitely don't IV if you can help it, and never without micron filters.

I use approx 6 per day, usually 2 in morning 2 in afternoon and 2 at night

thx for advice re constipation / excrement issues, I will make sure next time I have been completely cleared out, that may have been an issue today

Yeah next time, add one more, for a total of 16mg Dilaudid. If that doesn't work for you, 20mg will. and If THAT doesn't work, then you're doing something wrong with your preparation of the solution or administration process.

You don't need that much water and try an enema before. It it healthy and will allow full absorption. Lying on your side helps, but is not necessary. The "rush" is negligible but you get high quick.

The rush is not at all negligible if done right, in my experience.

^It did take a bit of trial and error and experience before I was able to start even beginning to feel what resembled a rush tbh. But that's my anus I'm talking about, not yours (YET that is =D).

But seriously, the rush isn't quite exactly like the rush you get when shooting dope, but it is certainly noticeable as a rush of sorts.

It's not like shooting dope because you're not using IV. IV dilaudid feels better than IV heroin in my experience, although this is subjective.

It's not like shooting dope because you're not using IV. IV dilaudid feels better than IV heroin in my experience, although this is subjective.

ihave IVed dilaudid and i must say all it provided was a literally 10sec rush if not less, with no after buzz, 5-10sec rush, then sober, no buzz. heroin is superior. why dilaudid does suck for me i dont know. its a waste of time, half life is too short

Yeah like I said, it's subjective. For me, IV HM feels better than heroin, the rush lasts me a good 30 seconds. It's like you and me are opposite, heroin's rush lasted 10 seconds tops for me.

yes but dilaudid provided NO HIGH OR BUZZ after the short rush, with heroin i get the rush, and im high/buzzed for hours. when i IV dilaudid, i get a quickquick rush,and thats it,no opiate buzz afterwards...completely sober after

...to each one's own, certainly. I used to love IV dilaudid in the hospital, but that was back when I didn't go drugs as a 14 year old...

In the hospital with a PCA pump, you don't need to worry about dilaudid not lasting long enough lol, you get X amount every X minutes.

Although usually if you have a dilaudid PCA pump, you're in some pain and is not the same as recreational use.

exactly! I broke my neck... not fun. but even then, just the significant blunting of the pain got me high in a way. I'll never forget that. I mean, I don't ever want to go through the physical injuries that warranted such, but still a memorable experience all around.

used to be a bmx racing fiend. at one point I was ranked like 34th in CA. but that was for the young'n circuit. lol, I always associated my first time using opioids as a freshman in college with methadone. I forget about that experience bmx facing... :\ then again, the circumstances were COMPLETELY different. to this day my nerves are still a little fucked. but it's kinda interesting. it's a sensation that is somewhere between phantom pains and your extremities falling asleep. harmless though, or so I am told