• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids benzo then opiate

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknown420

Greenlighter
Just had a quick question that I seem to be worrying about.

My normal dose of oxycodone is 30mg
rarely do benzos

Today I did 0.5mg of klonopin (felt it a little bit, not too much) around 4pm

Now tomorrow I'm looking to do an oxy, but since klonopin has such a long half-life i'm worried they will interact negatively.

Im looking to do the oxy roughly 12-18 hours later.

Any advice? I don't like mixing drugs, im pretty cautious about that, so any advice will be appreciated :)

I've never done Klonopin so I don't know personally, but klonopins half life is 18-50 hours so maybe start with a lower dose of Oxy as they are both CNS depressants and see how you go. Just keep an eye on your breathing.

You should be fine doing your normal dose of oxy. Even though it has a long half life, it's my opinion that you're not really putting yourself in a dangerous situation because A) you have a tolerance to opiates and B) it was a very low dose of klonopin.

You'll be fine. Klonopin's half life is much longer than it's actual effects for most people.

As has been mentioned more than once, you'll be just fine. Even if you were to take your normal dose of oxy right on top of the benzos chances are you'd be fine, but giving yourself some time between dosing pretty much ensures a happy ending.

Enjoi! :)

Thanks for the replies, really calmed me down! :D

I just don't understand though, a few days ago I had 2 friends with no tolerance to either of them do 2mg of klonopin and then 15mg of oxy and they were fine. Is all this talk about it being really dangerous just with high dosages or what?

And about the klonopin i took, yeah it was only 0.5mg and I didn't feel much, and what i did feel, was gone pretty quickly.

Mixing your CNS depressants is dangerous. For some people that can be at low doses, and for some it's higher. It is different for everyone. You have to learn your own level to make sure you don't stop breathing. Dont take any stupid risks just because someone else was ok.

^This is good advice, but, even given differences in how people react to drugs and combinations of drugs, wouldn't it make sense that the OP is rather unlikely to suffer any complications from taking 30mg, his usual dose, of his usual opioid 12hr + after taking such a relatively low dose of pins? I mean, if he had taken 2mg I would have sounded more of a warning, but 0.5mg? It seems like that would be a rather extreme case, for someone in the OP's place to suffer complicates.

Whatever I might say, it's still a very good thing for someone to issue at least some warning, given the often disastrous nature of mixing CNS depressants (esp at high doses/with low tolerance) and opioids (esp at high doses/with low tolerance).

The potential for harm is exponentially greater, when combining CNS depressants and opioids, than it is when taking either drug on its own. Hence, again, I'm glad madog posted what she did.

Thanks for the replies, really calmed me down! :D

I just don't understand though, a few days ago I had 2 friends with no tolerance to either of them do 2mg of klonopin and then 15mg of oxy and they were fine. Is all this talk about it being really dangerous just with high dosages or what?

And about the klonopin i took, yeah it was only 0.5mg and I didn't feel much, and what i did feel, was gone pretty quickly.

As madog states it has a lot to do with individual's body chemistry and drug history/tolerance. Generally 2mg pins + 15mg oxy won't cause problems, but for some it sure can. As you noticed though, the more you increase the doses the more potential for serious problems there is. However, you've only taken a relatively low dose of benzo by any standard, so you should be fine, ESPECIALLY after 12hrs+, to take your normal 30mg of oxy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good information, I personally think its unlikely, but I like to be on the safe side especially with these two.

Another thing, yesterday I did my normal dose of oxy (30mg) and then today did the .5mg of klonopin. Is it the same thing as my question, just the drugs were taken in a different order? Like is there a difference in: 1 day taking an oxy, next day taking a benzo versus 1 day taking a benzo, next day taking an oxy? or would they be the same thing?

^This is good advice, but, even given differences in how people react to drugs and combinations of drugs, wouldn't it make sense that the OP is rather unlikely to suffer any complications from taking 30mg, his usual dose, of his usual opioid 12hr + after taking such a relatively low dose of pins? I mean, if he had taken 2mg I would have sounded more of a warning, but 0.5mg? It seems like that would be a rather extreme case, for someone in the OP's place to suffer complicates.

Whatever I might say, it's still a very good thing for someone to issue at least some warning, given the often disastrous nature of mixing CNS depressants (esp at high doses/with low tolerance) and opioids (esp at high doses/with low tolerance).

The potential for harm is exponentially greater, when combining CNS depressants and opioids, than it is when taking either drug on its own. Hence, again, I'm glad madog posted what he did.

As madog states it has a lot to do with individual's body chemistry and drug history/tolerance. Generally 2mg pins + 15mg oxy won't cause problems, but for some it sure can. As you noticed though, the more you increase the doses the more potential for serious problems there is. However, you've only taken a relatively low dose of benzo by any standard, so you should be fine, ESPECIALLY after 12hrs+, to take your normal 30mg of oxy.

I agree, that dose is pretty safe. But given the OP's last post i'm glad I issued the warning. I get the impression if the OPs friends jumped off a cliff and survived he would believe he could. No matter the dose I don't think anyone should feel 100% sure they are safe because thats when people start taking too much and stop taking notice that their breathing is slowing down.

OP - Always take the path of caution rather than risks! As you have no idea how your body will react, anything can happen. Thats how people accidently die. And that isn't me trying to scare you, there are plenty of instances that prove that is the risk. EDIT: The order in which you take them doesn't matter. The risk is the same. BE CAREFUL!

P.S toothpastedog - I am a girl ;)

EDIT: The order in which you take them doesn't matter. The risk is the same. BE CAREFUL!

Well yeah, that kind of assures me that I will be okay. Yesterday I did my 30mg dose of oxy, and today i did 0.5mg of klonopin and I was fine.

If the order in which I take them doesn't matter, I should be fine doing 30mg of oxy tomorrow, right? It seems logical, but who knows

Is all this talk about it being really dangerous just with high dosages or what?

No matter the dose I don't think anyone should feel 100% sure they are safe because thats when people start taking too much and stop taking notice that their breathing is slowing down.

That's exactly right, Madog11. I find benzos to be extremely judgement warping substances, because I don't feel like they're doing much. It's only after (soemtimes days later) the binge that I realise I made some incredibly stupid/dangerous/bizarre decisions after taking benzos.

Some of my biggest polydrug binges (maybe all of them) have started with a small amount of a benzo. I take it and think 'yeah this isn't bad' for about an hour, but then i can't feel much so I think I'll take a little more... skip forward a couple of hours and I'm shoving anything and everything I have in my stash into my face. It's so counter-productive because benzos blunt the effects of some things (psychs).

I've wasted some great substances (psychedelics) trying to trip while on large doses of benzos. I was so regretful later when I realised (or deduced what happened, because often the memory of taking them was gone completely) what I'd done.

Well yeah, that kind of assures me that I will be okay. Yesterday I did my 30mg dose of oxy, and today i did 0.5mg of klonopin and I was fine.

If the order in which I take them doesn't matter, I should be fine doing 30mg of oxy tomorrow, right? It seems logical, but who knows

As i've said. Don't be stupid and feel too assured. As next time you'll think it's ok to take more. And it isn't!

corrected! :) good to know madog, never, ever again ;)

on an unrelated note, I think I'm going to switch back to making my default pronoun female, instead of male/female or (as I have been feeling kinda masochistic recently) male. this good is I think a idea. ...:\ =D

Well at this point I don't know what to do. Getting mixed opinions.

If I don't do the oxy tomorrow, how long should I wait to take it? Took the klon today at 4pm

It should be ok. What bothered me was you seemed assured that you were completely safe. Which is just never the case with any drug and getting into that mindset is dangerous.

I think what everyone was trying to say was that you need to be very careful. Maybe take 20mg of oxy instead of 30mg if you wanna play it super safe.

How have you reacted to 0.5mg of pins before? How do you normally react to low such doses of benzos?
How have you reacted to 30mg of oxycodone before? How do you normally react to such doses of opioids?

If you've had mild reactions and not like totally blacked out of fell asleep super easy, and such a dose of oxy never gave you any problems, you'll probably be fine with the combo.

I mean, the whole point it to be aware that the "combo" you want to enjoy is potentially dangerous, especially were you to use more than 0.5mg pins.

But, I mean, given that it'll be 12hrs after you took the benzo (assuming you've never had horrible/extreme reactions to benzos before; this is why your drug history is so important here) , I really think you'll be fine with your oxy.

Madog is just really smart and mature and she/everyone here wants you to enjoy yourself, not put yourself in harms way ;)

Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate the concern/suggestions. What I think I am going to do is just start with small doses and work my way up and stop if necessary. I think ill do it by quarters of the pill (7.5mg) and see how I feel after each.

One thing though, the klonopin was such a small dose, but that is enough to mess with my normal oxy dose? Or just if I over-do it by doing more than 30mg?

From all the posts here I believe the consensus is that you will be fine to take 30mg of oxycodone at once. To be safe, you could certainly take 20mg instead, and add the ten later (although opioids don't really lend themselves to redosing). I think taking 7.5mg and working your way up in such increments, although certainly one of the safest ways you could go about this, is kind of overkill. To really enjoy your oxy, I think you'd need to take a good starter dose. So, again, I'd suggest taking 20mg oxy and just saving the 10mg for a rainy day. Or take 15mg and then the other 15mgs an hour or two later. But even taking 30mg at once is almost certain to be safe. The choice is yours...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.