• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dichotomy between snorting and shooting? AKA: Calling all nose hounds.

Mr.Scagnattie

Bluelighter
So..I'm used to the feel of certain drugs when IV'ed, in fact..if they can't be IV'ed or not pleasurably IV'ed, I don't bother with them. Aside from H, Dilaudid is one of the best IV opiate highs out there..so I had assumed that it was just the drug itself and not the ROA. But apparently, people who snort pills, don't find the Dilaudid to be anywhere near as pleasurable as people who shoot it do. So..I'm wondering what opiates work better/feel better in comparison to each other when the ROA is insufflation. What pills give the most bang for their buck when snorted? I know that oxycodone is quite popular, always has been..but what else? If Hydromorphone isn't a desired high by way of nose..what the hell is? Oxymorphone? Something else?

Real question: Snorters---what the hell do you like and..why?

Satiate my curiosity.

Sincerely,

A guy who spends way more time with needles than straws.

I think oxycodone is just as pleasurable insufflated as it is shot.

The opiates that don't produce a rush, and have a pretty good oral, nasal BA would be the one's you're looking for, though it would be easier to say sniffing/oral.

I imagine hydrocodone would be better sniffed, as shooting does not produce a rush, and it's actually very dangerous. Insufflated Buprenorphine also has many advantages over IV, as the BA is still high, but the duration is wayy longer. Opiates like Codiine simply cannot be shot, as it can cause fatal health problems, but I've never heard of someone sniffing it.

Oh, and many opiates that are IMO better injected, are still good insufflated, such as heroin, and oxymorphone.

So, if we were to be talking about someone whose only ROA is sniffing/oral, and they could have any opiate/opiod painkillers available..what would they be?

I imagine:
Heroin (insufflated)
Oxycodone (either)
Hydrocodone (either)
Oxymorphone (sniffing, oral BA is shit)
Codeine(oral-never heard about sniffing)
DHC-(oral)
Methadone (oral)
Buprenorphine (sniffing, matter of oppinion really, but IV bupe doesn't give that great of a rush IMO)
Darvocet (oral, these aren't water soluble like darvon, due to the active opioid being dextropropoxyphine napsylate, instead of hcl)
Tramadol (oral-sniffing won't make a difference as far as onset, because it's the metabolite o-desmethyltramadol that really gets you high, and that takes about 45 minutes)

I never could get into sniffing. The taste just stays there, and drips. Uhhhh.

But If I could only insuffilate and had to choose one opiate, it would be Oxymorphone.
Not for beginers, tho.

Oxymorphone is probably the best opioid you can snort, hands down. It's better than IV heroin.

I'm not an IV user anymore, but I still enjoy snorting dilaudid, although I usually administer hydromorphone rectally.

Oxycodone is much better taken orally than through any other ROA, there's no benefit to snorting/shooting it unless you reeaaaaaaally can't wait 15 minutes for a better, longer experience.

Last edited:
I did find oxycodone to me a bit, well actually a lot, more stimulating when sniffed than eaten, although as I find the opioid effects strong when eat I prefer that.

Omg, when it comes to good heroin, there is nothing much better than that nasty, foul, divine drip :) took a while to get used to, the taste I mean, but given the fact my brain strong associates it with the drugs effects, well, I am certainly a big fan of intranasal heroin. Frankly, I actually enjoy it more sniffed than shot, but this is just me.

It's actually not just you. I was a big fan of creating saline nasal sprays with heroin back in the day, worked great in school when you can't exactly plug/shoot/snort/smoke.

really?? I guess its more convenient, but I shot dope all the time in my college, though it did cause a lot of paranoia (that damn crack in the door...)

It's actually not just you. I was a big fan of creating saline nasal sprays with heroin back in the day, worked great in school when you can't exactly plug/shoot/snort/smoke.

I found sittin in the back of the class room ,and crushing up a roxi 30 or two with my school ID much more enjoyable. =D

But if i was in a class that I just couldnt get away with it id go to the bathroom and set a textbook on my lap and chop my lines on that.

And now i enjoy plugging my roxi or using it orally.

And ive always wondered something about the heroin nose sprays. Dosent heroin turn back into morphine if you let it sit in water to long ?

yeah it does..

honestly, "waterlining" has never appealed to me. It seems to wasteful, unless you really got a good technique down. I'd rather sniff dope any day than spray it up my nose. Besides, unless you're sniffing five bags or so, its not that much powder.

Why would heroin turn back into morphine in contact with water?
I used saline and I would usually only do it one days worth, sometimes a week though, at a time.

You shouldn't let any compound sit in water over time though for the risk of bacteria growing if not stored/sealed under proper conditions.

I also was using tar heroin, not powder, so waterlining is pretty much the best nasal ROA you can get.

not when it comes into contact with water, but if you let it sit for a while, I forget the ammount of time-but yeah, its not good to let anything (especially a shot) sit around for hours on end, due to bacteria etc...

Interesting, I did not know that about heroin. All the more reason to stick to pharmaceuticals.

I've yet to try Oxymorphone (damn Dr. teased me with the possibility of putting me on it in a couple weeks, but I can't find it illicitly around here) and I want to so bad.

Partly because I fucking LOVE a fat line of Roxi dust and find insufflated Oxycodone among the most pleasurable opiate experiences I've ever had. I know you lose a good amount of BA sniffing Oxy, but I don't care. There's just something about the high that peaks so quickly and comes on almost like a rush in its own right that is insanely pleasurable. And that drip.....UGH. It's heaven.

Given that, if I ever get put on Oxymorphone, the mother of all insufflated opiates, I'll probably have completely sold my soul to the opiate devil. Dunno if there's any coming back from that.

Man get yerself some of them opanas (oxymorphone i think) n do a couple of lines %)

I've yet to try Oxymorphone (damn Dr. teased me with the possibility of putting me on it in a couple weeks, but I can't find it illicitly around here) and I want to so bad.

Partly because I fucking LOVE a fat line of Roxi dust and find insufflated Oxycodone among the most pleasurable opiate experiences I've ever had. I know you lose a good amount of BA sniffing Oxy, but I don't care. There's just something about the high that peaks so quickly and comes on almost like a rush in its own right that is insanely pleasurable. And that drip.....UGH. It's heaven.

Given that, if I ever get put on Oxymorphone, the mother of all insufflated opiates, I'll probably have completely sold my soul to the opiate devil. Dunno if there's any coming back from that.

Gonna have a hard time snorting OxyM, new formula is like the Oxy OP's.

I've heard its much worse than OPs. If you're going to snort, get the octagon ERs, or if you can't get those, get the IR.

So it seems like the general consensus is that oxymorph is quite desired in the snorting community. I figured as much. Some have mentioned the new opana formula, resulting in the gelling effect. What specific brand of Oxymorph is more suitable to snorting, without that nasty occurrence ? Specifically the brand, release, and maker. Also, what strength mg is most popular?