• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants cross tolerance between ephedrine and adderall?

lazylazyjoe

Bluelighter
Anyone know is there's cross tolerance between ephedrine and adderall? Trying hard to keep my amphetamine tolerance low so I can enjoy them at a low dose and want to make sure ephedrine won't mess w/ that.

From my own use of dexedrine and pseudoephedrine, I never experienced any cross tolerance of effects. Then again, there is more than just dextroamp in adderall and pseudoephedrine isn't exactly ephedrine. So, I don't know if this is any help, but just wanted to mention it.

Have you thought of using NMDA antagonists to keep your amp tolerance in check? See: NMDA Antagonists for Tolerance, A Collection of the Evidence and Anecdotal Reports (you'll probably need to scroll down a couple pages to get anything out of that link, at least at first glance)

Thx, its a start.
I have a hard time being moderate with nmda antagonists so I only get them on special occasions.

TPD, Dex is all mental and psuedo is all physical, ephedrine is mostly physical, with a touch of mental stimulation.

I would guesstimate that Ephedrine is the mirror opposite of Adderall. Ephedrine is probably 85-90% physical stimulation (like l-amp), and 10-15% mental stimulation (like d-amp), while Adderall is 75% mental stimulation (d-amp) and 25% physical (l-amp).

I've used Ephedrine extensively to treat ADD, and I would say 25mg ephedrine feels like it has the mental stimulation of 2.5mg dexedrine

I've never used Adderall, so I make my own d/l mix with 5mg dex and 6.25mg ephedrine, and it works pretty great for minimal symptom control with no tweaking, I would imagine this is what 8-10mg Adderall IR must feel like.

To answer your question, you will definitely gain a tolerance to the peripheral NE effects through caffeine, adderall, ephedrine, pseudo, kratom etc, but the mental stimulation just isn't there in any significant way like there is in D-amp and D-amp containing products (Dex, Adderall, Vyvanse, etc.) So, you will gain a tolerance to PNS NE levels, but not prefrontal cortex DA and NE levels, with ephedrine, so Adderall should still work well with you for controlling ADD.

tl;dr: If you want a fire under your ass, it will mess with your tolerance. If you want stimulated, mental clarity, then you'll be alright.

Thx, its a start.
I have a hard time being moderate with nmda antagonists so I only get them on special occasions.

Well, there is a bit about someone taking like 30mg of DXM polistirex with their dose, which they said help a lot to prevent tolerance. That seems pretty manageable. And, of course, there are the rarer prescription NMDA antagonists. But I hear ya, and you certainly know best!

@ErgicMergic
Makes sense cause I only took ephedrine while at work and adderall was just when I needed to focus or be creative. Thx for the help. I normally stick to opiates, so I dont really know much on speedy things.

there most likely will be reduced effects from both eph, and addy after using both, both have NE affinity, while everything is contingent on a few variables, frequency of use, dose, sleep, diet, and your unique response (personality style), however I am only in a position to speculate, so i wont, all il say is this, order your priorities before your preferences (behaviourally) and drugs (the power greater than ourselves) are secondary and tertiary influences, attitude is key. these are similar in form, so your brain maynot really mind eph, if u cant add, and to answer you yes there is a cross tolerance i suspect, however i opine that addy has a much higher affinity for DAT, which should be a decision maker, also all the levo in the addy compund is imo offputting, so you need to do a hedonistic calculus and balance these demons, smooth sailing mate.

pseuodo/ephedrine is only good for one thing IMO, and you already know what that is.

<3 Jessie & Walter

Anyway, I would think there would be a slight cross tolerance, as amphetamine is SOO closely related to ephedrine (I find it funny that it was created in order to replace ephedrine-they didn't know they made something much, much, funner). However, whatever cross tolerance would be limited, as they have little to no effect on CNS.

Ephedrine by itself is actually quite nice. Makes those long work days easier w/o getting all tweaked like on meth or amp.

Ephedrine by itself is actually quite nice. Makes those long work days easier w/o getting all tweaked like on meth or amp.

Yeah it's actually not bad, way better than pseudo or caffeine, and you can buy a whole box of 12.5mg generic Primatene Tablets for the price of what one Adderall/Dex goes for on the street. More college students should use it imo.