• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Benzo, horrible withdrawal from this amount?

mazing

Greenlighter
I have done 490 mgs of oxazepam in the last 10 days (some nights up to 4 tabs), however, 3 days ago i started getting withdrawal symptoms (mostly mentally such as restlesness at night - could not sleep without a pill or two or three). Anyway, here i am on the very last pill trying to sleep. If i dont get prescribed anything tomorrow (small amount only for withdrawal), will alcohol be wize seeing as im only 10 days in it on a less potent benzo (20 mgs of oxazepam = 0.5 xanax)?

The symptoms are horrible and i have no clue why, maybe benzo withdrawal affect me this way?

By far the worst one:

* Feeling like im going insane/disconnected from this world (this is what worries me the most and i almost experienced a panick attack or was on the way earlier today when i thought too much about one thing)

- Has anyone felt exactly like this before?

Doable:

* Difficult getting to sleep
* Heart does not feel too good, not BAD but not normal
* Sketchy feeling in the whole body

Feeling fine right now and will be able to sleep soon (i hope/guess), however slightly worried about tomorrow.

Last night i took 5 pills (50 mgs = 2.5 mgs xanax), today i took 1 pill 6 hours ago, tried to sleep - no chance (felt all symptoms above) and one 1.5 hours ago.

Half-life on oxazepam is 16-24 hours.

Would appreciate answers badly!!!

Thank you.

yeah sounds like a benzo withdrawal, especially the disconnected with the world feeling i defiantly had that. I would suggest doing simple things, maybe call in sick if ya can to work or w/e, sit in the sun if you can too i found that sunlight made me feel a little better,maybe placebo but who cares. Try to exercise, if you like running go for a jog, but i hate running so I would just lift weights and make myself exhausted to where I couldn't think about stress.

Benzo withdrawal for me was all mental which was horrible because I really didn't know what to expect/didn't know it was happening when it happened, plus I was already going through some life shit so I thought I was just extra fuckin depressed or something. But now looking back to it, it defiantly was some sort of withdrawal.

But it will pass, im not an expert in the science part but your brain has GABA which is like its own anxiety fighting chemical, when you take benzos your body doesnt produce the GABA since there is no anxiety to fight. Then when you stop taking your dose, and there is no GABA in your brain, anxiety hits ya like a fuckin truck man. That's why i don't fuck around with benzos anymore, its a major love hate relationship for me. BUt yea just give your brain some time to return to its normal anxiety fighting routine, eat good foods take some multivitamins, drink water, etc. just be as healthy as you can

Just noticed your ACTUAL question, and no I would not recommend alcohol but everyone is different it might take your mind off it, for me alcohol would make me even more anxious, weed on the other hand would make me calm but I couldn't smoke at the time so I just went cold turkey and I had a pretty lavish xanax habit

Alcohol might help make you feel better for the short term, but I would not recommend anyone start drinking while in benzo w/d. Alcohol is really funny with your seizure threshold. I mean, it seems to increase your threshold for a little while drinking but then shortly thereafter it will make your seizure threshold jump way down, making having a seizure a dangerous possibility. I've never heard of alcohol being suggested to someone in benzo w/d.

In terms of sleep try otc stuff like melatonin, diphenhydramine/benadryl or better yet doxylamine. Other than that OP you're kind of out of luck. Although I would never recommend benzo w/d without being under the care of a doctor, from 10 days of using what you're telling us is about equivalent to 12.5mg xanax (490mg oxazepam @ 0.5mg xanax / 20mg oxazepam = 12.5mg xanax), you shouldn't be too bad off.

If what you've taken is really equivalent to 12.5mg of xanax, then you shouldn't be too bad off in terms of w/d. Anxiety and insomnia are going to be your worst enemies, yea, but from what you've told us your biggest concern during benzo w/d (seizure) isn't going to be too significant.

So yea, hydrate, eat well (i.e. lots of fruit and veggies), try to get exercise but don't over exert yourself. Try to take melatonin (you can take high doses of this no issue), or benadryl (100mg really no more), or what I find most effective otc to treat insomnia, doxylamine (50mg of this will help at least a tiny bit).

Good luck OP! 12.5mg xanax taken over ten days isn't thhhhaaaaay bad. But I'm still a bit concern for you as 490mg oxazepam, even if it's weak, still sounds like a lot!

To reiterate myself, don't drink alcohol to "help" you sleep. This could be potentially very dangerous.

p.s. You might want to order some phenibut over the internet to help with insomnia. It will help a lot, but you don't want to get addicted to it all over again. The best thing you can do for yourself is to find a good doctor to help you our and treat your w/d.

Oh my, i appreciate your answers, managed to sleep shortly after this thread was posted, however, today will be difficult if i dont find any of the exact similar kind (will never mess myself into a more potent one).

Its so fucking hard just existing and acting like this is not going on, which then makes me think crazy thoughts about how im being controlled (by god knows what) - which is the benzo.

Check on the alcohol, i wont bother.

Dont know what the fuck to do if i dont get prescribed like 100 mgs more (10 pills to slowly fade it out).

What is your ultimate advise? I dont want anyone around me to know this, which will be a tough one, cant skip work (due to economy) etc. Is it all about being a fucking man or is it impossible?

It seems very odd that you'd get WD's from such a weak benzo (both potency wise and effects wise) for using not even 500 mg over 10 days. You could be ultra-sensitive to benzos and thus you are feeling withdrawals, but in all likelihood these are not withdrawal symptoms. Check with your doctor for underlying issues that you may have that might have been exacerbated by the usage and subsequent stoppage of the benzo.

Feeling like im going insane/disconnected from this world

I can fully empathise with this. I also found this to be the worst part of benzo WD.

And I wish I could give advice about tapering down and getting off, but while I have managed to taper down I can't completely stop taking them.

I found Kava to help marginally when tapering down. Good luck with it.

It seems very odd that you'd get WD's from such a weak benzo (both potency wise and effects wise) for using not even 500 mg over 10 days. You could be ultra-sensitive to benzos and thus you are feeling withdrawals, but in all likelihood these are not withdrawal symptoms. Check with your doctor for underlying issues that you may have that might have been exacerbated by the usage and subsequent stoppage of the benzo.

Oh, shut up! Those are definitely withdrawal symptoms. You don't know what you're talking about.

@OP You're experiencing rebound anxiety and insomnia. It may not be withdrawals. IMO 10 days isn't enough to have withdrawals, especially with a benzo like oxazepam. If you were using halcion, xanax, or maybe even ativan I could understand some minor withdrawal symptoms, but this sounds more like rebound anxiety.

The feeling like you're going insane/disconnected part is absolutely caused by the benzodiazepine.