• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids taking amphetamines after quitting subutex

bben

Bluelighter
I am 1 month off of subutex (took it for a year) and adderall just doesnt do hardly anything to me anymore. Before subutex it would have me feeling good or at least feeling something. Now i can take large doses and not even lose my appetite or feel anything at all. Anyone else have this experience? also note that on subutex adderall worked just fine. It feels like my brains not releasing any dopamine from the adderall now that im off subutex.

Interesting situation. I'm curious, is your adderall prescribed or black market? I ask because this might be something you'd wanna bring up with your doctor(s)

I've never had bupe interact w/ adderrall. Or any other amphetamine for that matter.
I've used adderall successfully on bupe. And I've used it successfully right after stopping bupe. Infact, I just stopped bupe 4 days ago and my adderall dose was as potent as ever.
However, my bupe doses never topped 2mg/day and my usual dose on maintenance was 1mg/day.

Yea, I'd certainly talk to your prescriber. It might just be a matter of needing to switch to a more potent amp, like dexedrine. But like I said, I've never heard of suboxone causing amps to loose their efficacy upon cessation of the former.

omg. I seriously just posted a threat about this a couple of hours ago. SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!! I used to feel wonderful, like I was on top of the world with Adderall. I just stopped using my Suboxone (4mg) almost 4 days ago. I got ahold of some adderall and adderall xr. Tried oral, snorting, and dissolving it in water. Nothing got me even romotely high. I hardly felt it. crazy. I just wasted a whole bunch of adderall and all I am is pissed off!

Your body got used to the dopamine release of opiates + amps, now you cut out the opiate part, and you're body says, "where's my dopamine?" Hence not feeling "on top of the world" anymore.

Mixing drugs raises dopamine tolerance

im also on day 4 of n suboxone and doing 100 mg hydrocodone (with CWE)...I should be feeling wonderful but nope. Nothin but not being able to fall asleep with the Adderall XR.

^yeah, I was just going to go back and edit my post in speedballs thread..

Still though, you should feel something, as suboxone/subutex acts upon opiate receptors primarily (though yes there is some dopamine release as well). I wouldn't think there would be too much of a cross tolerance honestly, I've never heard of that before.

You also have to consider that while the acute withdrawal from subutex is over, your still definately experiencing PAWS, which I think could play a real part in this situation. NOTHING feels good during opiate poste acute withdrawals, except opiates (duh), and benzo's for anxiety.

I'm 22 days clean from bupe and I've taken Vyvanse several times in the last few days but still felt all effects.

after taking subutex for awhile you just wont notice any effect from it, no pain relief, no euphoria. at the most a sense of well being, a energy boost in the morning, anti depressent effect. ALSO i noticed when i havent taken my subutex/suboxone dose and start to feel achy and WD coming on, that i dont really feel the adderall like i want to, i just get anxiety and irritable, but when i take my dose of sub and adderall i feel the adderalls euphoria and everything. so to answer ur question in my experience adderall doesnt give me the high i get when im lacking my sub intake