• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Using Powder Amphetamine? Bad Idea?

white_magic

Bluelighter
I have recently been thinking of acquiring 1 gram of amphetamine. It's supposed to be of pretty good quality. I do have some worries and considerations, though.

1) For one, I absolutely love stimulants. I can't say I've ever really abused them, but I have done my share of mdma, cocaine, and prescribed ADD medications (in non-heroic doses, so far!!). I have never had 'speed', though. I feel much better about acquiring amphetamine instead of methamphetamine, because I heard that meth is neurotoxic and that amphetamine is much safer.

2) I have already done amphetamine. It was mostly Adderall XR, but also Adderall instant release. The most instant release Adderall I have done at once was 15mg (with booster amounts through the night). So I have never actually binged on amphetamine.. yet. Nor am I sure I want to. I plan to get a milligram scale, obviously, because eyeballing a powder like this is ridiculous. Also, I plan to get some Valium to help with possible crashes.

3) I love stimulants so much.. I like taking them to get schoolwork and chores done, as well as to stay up longer on party nights (especially to be able to drink more). To me, amphetamine (so far just in pill form) seems kind of like the wonder drug. But if I use it both recreationally and for functionality purposes (at work and for schoolwork), then surely its magic will diminish quickly, won't it? Not to mention the addiction potential..

I really don't want to do something very stupid here. So I come to you Bluelight, to the many here who have a lot of experience with stimulant use. I don't think I have a particularly addictive personality. I have never spent all my money on coke, for example, despite availability. I thinK I can use amphetamine responsibly. Also, I'm in the process of applying for ADD medications through my school. But that may not come through, and if it does, it may still take many months for it to happen (that's the bureaucracy for you..).

In any case, please advise!

If you feel like you love amp/stims so much that you wouldn't be able to control yourself, then I'd advise against buying 1g. I mean, if it's even mildly good, say 50% real amp, you're still getting 500mg straight amphetamine(s). Don't even go there unless you think you'll be able to control yourself. there is nothing worse than being somewhat stim naive and then redosing until you've been up 48 hours and feel like shit. okay, there are worse things, but you get the point.

and honestly, I wouldn't say meth is alllll that much worse than amp. the issues with meth have more to do with how it is made and the cut than anything else. and in terms of intranasal/oral dosing, the diff between amp and methamp is really mostly one of potency. with equivalent doses you get more or less the same effects and side effects. not exactly the same, but not the diff you seemed to imply in your post.

the "magic" you speak of isn't gonna go anywhere all that fast, unless you use daily for a couple weeks, and even then when you dose you'll still feel like god.

you sound like the perfect candidate for a speed freak/amp addict though my friend. I'd HIGHLY recommend just staying with the prescription amp you find once in a while, so as to regulate your dose.

but yea, it's basically up to you. do you think you can limit yourself to using it responsibly?

If you feel like you love amp/stims so much that you wouldn't be able to control yourself, then I'd advise against buying 1g. I mean, if it's even mildly good, say 50% real amp, you're still getting 500mg straight amphetamine(s). Don't even go there unless you think you'll be able to control yourself. there is nothing worse than being somewhat stim naive and then redosing until you've been up 48 hours and feel like shit. okay, there are worse things, but you get the point.

and honestly, I wouldn't say meth is alllll that much worse than amp. the issues with meth have more to do with how it is made and the cut than anything else. and in terms of intranasal/oral dosing, the diff between amp and methamp is really mostly one of potency. with equivalent doses you get more or less the same effects and side effects. not exactly the same, but not the diff you seemed to imply in your post.

the "magic" you speak of isn't gonna go anywhere all that fast, unless you use daily for a couple weeks, and even then when you dose you'll still feel like god.

you sound like the perfect candidate for a speed freak/amp addict though my friend. I'd HIGHLY recommend just staying with the prescription amp you find once in a while, so as to regulate your dose.

but yea, it's basically up to you. do you think you can limit yourself to using it responsibly?

great answer....this is why i only get 250 mg of 4-fa at a time.....lol

I think I would be able to handle myself. Also, getting meth, as opposed to amphetamine would be infinitely easier, if you consider that I'm in the U.S.

Also, this 4-FA seems like an interesting choice. It's an RC, so it's not that hard to come by and it's only borderline illegal. How does 4-FA compare to something like Adderall?

My DOC is opioids and has always been but I do love good amphetamine from time to time. Or I DID enjoy it, I can't indulge in that anymore for dif reasons.
Anyway here in my country in europe we have mostly regular street amphetamine but meth has most def shown itself more and more.

If you like stims I think you will like amphetamine if its of OK quality. You don't really need a scale just make sure of the potency and do a line and judge for yourself,
you don't need to be THAT sensitive on the doses but you ofcourse you don't want to snort 500mg in one line thats just common sence. It all depends on the quality as said just take a little line and see.

I did take amphetamine intranasal and oral for some years in the beginning but once I tried IVing it I never went back. Its a totally different drug when IVed, a lot less side effects and better rush.
So that might be a good warning, stay away from the needle if you want to be able to fully enjoy snorting your powder. Other than that go for it. I take for granted that you are old enough and know all the risks.

In the US I didn't even know they sold regular boring old amphetamine, I've only seen methamphetamine, and not as a powder as a crystal.

I hate amphetamine because my body rejects it, I get nothing from it, but side effects. Same thing with dextroamphetamine. Methamphetamine is the only amp my body can handle, and it's much cleaner.

Methamp > Amp

And I don't think there is any "magic" to be lost, like with MDMA. If you abuse it alot, the thing you "lose" is your sanity.

Methamp > Amp

And I don't think there is any "magic" to be lost, like with MDMA. If you abuse it alot, the thing you "lose" is your sanity.

Exactly! Yea, even though i have certainly enjoyed amp in my day, if i were even to take a stim these days I'd just go with methamp.

So, OP, if you feel comfy with it go right ahead - snort away =D personally I'd recommend amp or even methamp over research chem stims... just far to many unkowns. Then again you sure could make a good case for them. Amp and methamp are just so much easier to get and better understood for me, which makes them more desirable

Fuck research chemicals, all of the people doing that shit are the guinea pigs that I'm watching. I can wait a decade or two using the tried and true drugs, we'll see how these RC's pan out though. Guarantee you the good ones will still be around decades from now, time will refine the good and the bad ones.

Yuuuuuuup... that being said i still love things like mxe and the 2cx and nmob psyk drugs... i only say hell no to rc uppers and downers =D

you don't want to binge on Adderall

I noticed you said that you haven't binged on prescription amphetamine, yet.

Let me tell you first hand that you DON'T want to do it. I have taken 2100mgs of Vyvanse over a 3 day period and had a freaking breakdown(amphetamine psychosis). It was the absolute worst drug experience I have ever had. I have binged on adderall as well, taking about 160-190mgs and it is just bad. I kept trying to chase my first high I got on adderall and you just don't get it back.

Anyways, just don't binge on any stimulants man I promise you will regret it. I don't know anything about powder amphetamine so I can't answer that

Fuck research chemicals, all of the people doing that shit are the guinea pigs that I'm watching. I can wait a decade or two using the tried and true drugs, we'll see how these RC's pan out though. Guarantee you the good ones will still be around decades from now, time will refine the good and the bad ones.

wow....what an educated and informative post....i have no after effects from it and don't crave it at all. I have a good job and go to school and use 4-fa responsibly...you sound soooo smart saying "fuck research chemcials and methapmhetamine is clean and good..." you fucking dumbass

Lol you can flame me but are you honestly trying to tell me that you know all the risks of 4-fa? Did I say anything about your education or career?

How long has 4-fa been around, or used in humans? methamphetamine has been around quite a bit longer, and the effects of it are established, short and long term.

I didn't say anything about after effects, or cravings. I think you're confusing the LONG TERM effects, which I'm sorry, but you don't know. You're a guinea pig and in a few decades we'll see what it's done to you. And then I'll decide whether I think it's safe to consume.

i'm not flaming you that's what you said u bascially said everyone who does rc's is stupid and fucked and methamphetamine is safer??? That makes no sense... i have been robbed BLIND by meth addicts who don't care about anything....whatever this isn't going to go anywhere but you started it with ur "i would love to see these guinea pigs in a decade" or whatever....yeah since meth is soooo much safer and CLEANER? (street drugs cut with who knows what)

No. Your putting words in my mouth, I never said everyone who does RCs is stupid. Nor did I say "I would love to see them in a decade"

I just said that they are guinea pigs.

My crystal methamphetamine is not cut, it's acetone washed and straight from the manufacturer anyways.
My pharmaceutical grade Desoxyn, is just that, pharmaceutical grade.

However, I at least know the consequences of using methamphetamine, that's not something you know about RCs

I have to be honest, I'm quite afraid of meth, because of its unique reputation in the U.S. as the 'most evil drug'. I do have access to amphetamine, but in a very.. roundabout way. I can't talk about sourcing here, but you get the point.

I have googled around and it still seems like meth is much more neurotoxic than mdma or amp. Plus, the idea of tweaking out for 12-14 hours - I just don't know if I'm up for something like that.

Personally, stimulants are my favorite type of drug, and considering that meth is the pleasurable and addictive out of all of them, that's another reason for me to abstain from it. I will keep looking for amp through my roundabout ways. Sorry, I know I may sound somewhat of a hypocrite ('mdma, coke, and amp are ok, but meth is evil'..), but that's how I feel at the moment.

Yuuuuuuup... that being said i still love things like mxe and the 2cx and nmob psyk drugs... i only say hell no to rc uppers and downers =D

Gotta agree about the 2cx's. Thanks the heavens and Alexander Shulgin for those ;). NMOB sounds quite impressive, too.

"my pharmaceutical grade Desoxyn"...thats a different story....

Honestly sorry man you seem like an educated member it just got to me becuase methaphetamine has taken the lives of friends I know and harmed people WAYYYY worse than 4-fa (or mxe, or 2-fmp, or 2-ci) MDPV however is really fucked up as well.....

I apologize i shouldnt have said that my personal emotions and experiences got the best of me

It doesn't last 12-14 hours for the record, but I'm not trying to convince you to use it.

It's okay Logan I see you post all over BL I got nothing against you, I just wanted you to know I wasn't trying to be condescending or talk shit. We're cool bro.

I didnt mean that methamphetamine was not harmful I just said that we knew what the repercussions are.
The effects are established and, unfortunately, mostly bad. I hardly use crystal tho, probably less than 20 times a year, twice a month at the most

No. Your putting words in my mouth, I never said everyone who does RCs is stupid. Nor did I say "I would love to see them in a decade"

I just said that they are guinea pigs.

My crystal methamphetamine is not cut, it's acetone washed and straight from the manufacturer anyways.
My pharmaceutical grade Desoxyn, is just that, pharmaceutical grade.

However, I at least know the consequences of using methamphetamine, that's not something you know about RCs

Yes, meth abuse turns people into zombies. Yes, some RC's are probably safe. But also yes, alot of RC's COOK your fucking brain. I've watched my best friend go insane in a matter of 3 months of using spice and bath salts, so I think the potential for damage from RC's is alot higher. Yes, you are a guinea pig.