• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Drinking a strong energy drink and taking adderal? Safe?

brandonh354

Bluelighter
I've been drinking one monster extra strength nitrous technology energy drink every morning for a while (they are the strongest they make) would it be safe to take 15 mg adderal xr and drinking one of these energy drinks is it safe whats the risk? Thanks bluelight

I've had a freak out before like that, I get 130BPM from energy drinks, the extra stimulants fucked my heart rate so high into the 180 zone.
I wouldn't say it's safe, I think some people like it, some people get anxiety.

I would have a hard time describing it as "safe." Mostly because every drug has its risks and its more useful to consider them even when minor or unlikely.
I wouldn't think that 15mgs of XR addy and an extra strength monster would be seriously life threatening to someone who is of average health. I do think it will strain your heart, which could be potentially uncomfortable. Making the combination a habit may increase the damage to your heart caused by long term stimulant use. And as Jaurk mentioned, it may cause anxiety. However, I'm unaware of any particular ingredient in Monster drinks that would make the combination severely dangerous.

Remember, everybody's body is different. Make every decision cautiously and weigh the risks/harm with the benefits/pleasure. Odds are, it wont kill you or cause noticeable long term harm. Still, its not a particularly healthy combination.