• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants meth psycosis

im3rdworld

Bluelighter
have been smoking ice for a long time and for the past two days i m having constant auditory hallucinations and its creating alot of problems for me.
will abstinence alone cure the problem or do i need to seek professional help.

Go to sleep. You'll be just fine when you wake up.

Usually on day 3 (the third day with no sleep) I start hearing some noises and see the shadow critters. I put down the bowl and get at least 4 hours of sleep. Wake up, everything's back to normal.

You say you've been doing it a long time, so it may not go away after sleep and nutrition, but try these anyways.

Abstinence and sleep will makes these problems go away. Don't be under any illusions that what you're doing is safe though. Stimulant psychosis can trigger all sorts of unpleasant mental illnesses, so don't make a habit out of methamphetamine binges.

Just saying, I do know people who were chronic smokers that never came back all the way, even after abstinence.

One is dead (suicide), one is institutionalized, the other in prison.

You will probably be alright if you sleep, BUT I will add that every person I know who got addicted to meth and smoked if for years has went through a v. Significant personality change. They also have strange tics/habits now, as well. I only let meth make several guest appearances in the show of my life per year for this reason alone.

Once you discontinue use and get a few days rest it will go away.

have been smoking ice for a long time and for the past two days i m having constant auditory hallucinations and its creating alot of problems for me.
will abstinence alone cure the problem or do i need to seek professional help.

Yeah wwell have you been awake for a few days straight? That will definitely cause what you describe. But yeah I think abstinence will cure it. I don't know wha t aprofessional could do anyway.. the damage is done, aside from putting you in a controlled environment