• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Question regarding withdrawals and weening

Helpinkansas76

Greenlighter
I am a new member and really need some help. I already posted this in the new members section but realized it is the wrong place so I am hoping this posting is now in the correct location. My wife and I have been using opiates (oc, op and dilaudid) for about one year straight. We were using about 150-200mg per day. We have finally come to terms with our addiction and want to stop. We have been tapering off for about 2 months now and have made lots of progress (down to about 30mg per day). It has been painful and taken lots of determination and willpower but it is worth it for us and our children. A couple of days ago a friend gave us 2 8mg subutex and said it would help. We are almost out of our oc supply and are not quite ready to quit cold turkey. We tried cold turkey last week and could not make it through day 2 as we have young children and could not keep up with them. All we could do was sit on the couch and crawl to the bathroom. We also have no family or anyone we can trust to watch our children while we go through the acute withdrawals. I was hoping that being down to a measly 30 per day would not be that bad but wow (cold and hot flashes, back and leg pain, depression, etc). It was hell and I could only imagine day 3. Anyway back to my question. I was considering breaking each subutex into 8 pieces and taking one or maybe 2 per day then maybe after a couple days even breaking those in half. The pill is the white round one with the imprint of 54 411 and I think you dissolve it in your mouth. Does this sound like a good plan or could this worsen the withdrawals we already have? Any other suggestions or advice would really help. We are just sick of this drug running our lives and want to be done with it forever. I know some of you may laugh at our current amount of 30 per day and I normally would too but what we felt was no joke. Thank you in advance for all your support. This seems like a great community.

Remember that subutex is extremely potent. You should try to break the pills up into as many pieces possible, as even doses as low as half a milligram will help substancially.

Just do some reading around here about subutex, learn about precipitated withdrawals etc. You know you have to wait until you're already in full withdrawal, or at least 24 hours since your last dose of a full agonist opiate (OC, Opana, dilaudid) to take the subutex, or else you'll get VERY sick.

And withdrawal/addiction is nothing to laugh at, drug addiction is not a dick size contest.