• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Anybody ever take Phenobarbital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfeelgood

Bluelighter
My friend showed me a bottle of these and I looked up the effects on my phone and it mad them seem pretty sketch..I just want to know if anybody had ever tried them? What is worth it? Anything you can say about the feeling go ahead..

It's a sleeping pill. I forget what they used to call it back in the day, but there usd to be reds and blues etc. I think reds were seconal (?) and I used to take something called tuinal, which was a combination of a blue and a red but it messed you up a good bit but if you could avoid falling asleep in the first hour or two, it was a good high. I had an old aunt who used to be prescribed all kinds of things and she provided a nice little supply of pills every now and then. Good luck with all that!

It's a sleeping pill. I forget what they used to call it back in the day, but there usd to be reds and blues etc. I think reds were seconal (?) and I used to take something called tuinal, which was a combination of a blue and a red but it messed you up a good bit but if you could avoid falling asleep in the first hour or two, it was a good high. I had an old aunt who used to be prescribed all kinds of things and she provided a nice little supply of pills every now and then. Good luck with all that!

You thinking of nebutals and seconals?

Yeah, they suck. Might help you sleep. That's about it.

While is not considered very recreational by the common bluelight population, phenobarbital is a barbiturate, and barbiturates are recreational, however, extremely dangerous. The thing about phenobarbital is that it takes a while to come-on to peak effects, and lasts a while. There is no sort of rush that might be experienced with other barbiturates that don't take as long to come-on. If you are interested in using phenobarbital, I advise you are very careful esp. not to combine it with anything and make sure you aren't dosing too heavily. Phenobarbital has a really long half-life so if you take a large dose, it would be unwise to take any other CNS depressants for the next few days. You must also be patient for it to come-on, and not hastily re-dose. Barbiturates in general are very easy to OD on, the lethal dose is quite low relative to the therapeutic and recreational dose. The effects depend on the dose. Barbiturates produce a high similar to the effects of alcohol, however a bit cleaner. Phenobarbital, though, is not regarded as a good barbiturate by a good many people, and many discount it altogether. It is still a barbiturate.

I can help u on this! I've had 2 barbs, phenobarbital I used the most b/c of easy availability maybe around 15 doses/times or so and amobarbital which i've only had on 3 separate ocassions. Also had butabital in the form of fioricet (sp?) mixed with codeine which wasn't anything special plus it wasnt a straight up barb.

Now when you compare phenobarbital with amobarbital is like comparing mexican schwag/shit/brick weed with top grade Holland or B.C. Bud. Its incredibily different and you will think all barbs are a waste of time if you expect pheno to be a good intro to the barbiturate family.

I wouldn't say pheno is a waste of time though b/c in my opinion it does have some medicinal value, perhaphs not very euphoric or recreational but definaltey usefull. Back in my home country barbs are still widely prescribed, amobarbital is given for insomnia and has become one of the most widely abused pharmaceuticals, while phenobarbital CAN be given for insomnia it generally isnt b/c of the long half life so something like midazolam/dormicum is given if not amobarbital for such purpose, rather pheno is given for people who need to be sedated 24/7 and who have no chance with shorter acting drugs or even long action benzos like diazepam which is took weak for certain people in terms of providing the same relief as phenobarb does. A neighbour of mine that lives 2 apartments above me back home is prescribed 200mg at night (100mg 2x) and he has been for a while now ever since he lost his arms in an accident at work and went on dissability. He generally cannot drink very much as he risks the possibility of coma and so he has to be careful about his drinking.

The thing I don't enjoy/hate the most about pheno is the EXTREMILY long and lingering effects which if you take a relatively big dose (150mg-300mg) you will feel it for up to 3 days. The reason I dont like this is because of the interactions with other drugs even if you want a drink for example like I mentioned you need to be very careful. One night back home I had drunk with some of the guys from our building a good amount of beer about 4L in like 2-3hrs plus smoked a bit of hash on top and wanted to go drink more since it was like 3-4am and i wanted to fall asleep instead of stay up the night but they had drunk enough so I was left alone with the one neighbour that takes pheno who doesnt go to sleep until after 4am. We smoked a bit of hash, ate more sunflower seeds on the front bench, walked 4min to get something to eat and some more beer to have just in case (though we didnt drink no more that night). I had taken my clonazepam already at least 2hrs ago and I still wasn't sleepy making it a whole week of going to sleep no earlier than 5-6am each night and I thought for sure phenobarbital will put me out. My friend was a bit afraid of giving me any b/c I had been drinking (he was too but I had a lot more to drink the he did), in reality i was buzzed (very) and if i had were to have another 0.5L-1L (half litre to a litre) of beer i would have blacked out type of drunk. After more convincing/nagging I got 2 pills of pheno to take for sleep, I took both and shortly after went to sleep. When I woke up it was 8pm+ the next day and the phone had been ringing all day, I felt the pheno still and felt it for another day afterwards. It wasnt until the next day I realized how lucky I was that I didnt drink another beer the night before or else that would have been it, straight up coma, reason my friend was so cautious and is with himself when drinking.

Be careful with pheno, other than that I dont mind a small dose of pheno. I dont like a big dose of pheno made for sleep b.c its too long, kinda dirty feeling and many things/interactions can happen from a big dose. I do feel that a small dose pheno is quite nice even on its own, by that i mean something under 150mg, prob more like 50mg-100mg at the most.

The effect is nice and calm however in no way representative even in the slightest of how true barbs feel (ex amobarbital is amazing) however it is enough to have you relaxed and stress free in a way different from benzos and perhaphs just as euphoric as benzos (no more no less, some may argues that its less).

One more thing to add about pheno is that on its own its like I said a mild tranquilizer however I have heard (not tried) that certain combinations can be amazing. I remeber hearing Soma (carisoprodol) mixed with phenobarbital was supposed to be quite an euphoric high through never got to try it.

Amobarbital is amazing, it is VERY euphoric and its almost like opioids except when you go to nod out chances are 90% you will fall asleep, i did so within the first 5min of nodding out all 3 times i tried it.

If you need any more specific question feel free to PM me, hope you found this helpful

Last edited:
tricomb, what barbs have you had?

imo pheno or butabital give a bad name to the familiy. when i had amobarbital i was expecting the same shitty downer high as pheno but i was in for quite a ride and i think it is the most euphoric downer i've tried so far.

Its like saying weed is overrated, which it is if all youve smoked is mexican brick/schwag weed and never once smoked true marijuana so high in THC content that it is sold to medical dispensaries and anyone who smokes it is instantly way ======= higher than any amount of mexican (beginer or triple OG stoner..its made for patients who smoke daily to get relief dayly so its for stoners and beginiers alike)

I've tried pheno, butalbital, amobarbital, and secobarbital. Seconal is the only one I'd do again

i quite liked phenobarb;;;; felt like a strong benzo high... if you like benzos, you'll probably like it... just don't mix it with any other cns depressants

I like benzo's but pheno feels like your heavy and tired as fuck. No euphoria, i was given it in rehab and it made me feel like shit. I felt so heavy and shitty like i was wide awake in my head but my body was failing me. Fucking sucked. Benzo's you actually feel good.

Phenobarbital, despite being a barb, it's nothing special. Nothing to recreationally take the place of benzos, definitely not. Long, heavy half-life that drags on far too long. Not a good long duration such as diazepam or clonazepam.

^Well said.

We're not here to discuss if a drug is purely recreational or not. While there are recreational barbs, (namely secobarbital, amobarbital, and the others that aren't really prescribed anymore) but phenobarbital isn't...and the dangers of mixing it with other CNS depressants detracts from its recreational potential even more.

This thread has run its course, I'm going to close it. Any questions, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.