• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe is it ok to give my cat suboxone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

comatoserct

Bluelighter
I swear I posted this earlier but I didn't see it, so I will try again.

I took my cat to the vet yesterday and they gave her bupe for the pain. I can tell it has now worn off and she is still trembling in pain, so would it be ok to give her some of my suboxone? I know bupe when used for pain relief in humans is very low, so for use in a cat would be extremely low. something like 50mcg? I don't know any advice would help

Probably was deleted.

Quote from State of OD thread.
"Whether your pet is sick or you just think they'll enjoy an opana buzz, this is not the place to ask. Bluelighters speculating about giving pets drugs, even to relieve pain, can be dangerous and this is not something to guess about. Veterinary professionals should be consulted and that is the only advice we can offer in the spirit of harm reduction.

Threads will be closed straight away, no arguing."

Why not just ask your vet for more?
If you gave your cat the same dose as before, that would probably be fine.

alright I didn't know about that pet rule. you would think they would just close it, or at least message me saying they deleted the thread with the rule quoted. instead I'm just stuck here confused why my thread didn't show up. bad modding on their part.

thank everyone for your responses

I think you can go here to ask.
There's probably a fee, though.
But you'll feel better if you talk to a vet instead of one of us.
Hope your cat is better soon.

<3token

A simple rule of thumb is NEVER give your medications to your pet.

When cats are given buprenorphine for pain, it is usually given IV, IM, or SQ. It can also be give sublingually, where a very small volume of the injectable form of buprenorphine is given underneath the tongue where it is rapidly absorbed. Buprenorphine in the form of Suboxone tablets or strips cannot be administered to cats, as it will not be absorbed. Additionally, the dose that a cat receives is not even close to what a person would receive.

If you believe that your cat is in pain, you should contact your veterinarian immediately so that she can prescribe the right medication for your cat. That's just common sense.

Last edited:
alright I didn't know about that pet rule. you would think they would just close it, or at least message me saying they deleted the thread with the rule quoted. instead I'm just stuck here confused why my thread didn't show up. bad modding on their part.

thank everyone for your responses

you haven't posted any other threads about this on Bluelight, ever.

only a vet can give you advice about giving drugs to animals. this is not in Bluelight's area of expertise, so I'm afraid we can't advise on or condone giving drugs to your cats.

I've got two cats here, so I really do sympathise. they are family.

but I'm gonna close this thread now, and if any of the OD mods happen to be veterinary professionals, they can reopen it and tell you what to do. in the mean time, I suggest you call a vet or try another website. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.