• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin steripack unidentified thing

i against i

Bluelighter
imag0171a.jpg

so i'm new to iv and picked up some of those all in one nevershare steripacks, just curious as to what those paper things on the left are for? i've looked up the kit and they must be the "blood proof pad", for use after the shot? the filter than comes with them is like half a cig filter, should i poke the needle in and draw up, or just rest the bevel on the top?

thanks.

Were the filters you've got the ones that you put on the syringe and draw up the solution i.e. micron filters? If yes, well, those are very good filters :) Dunno about those papers, didn't you get instructions with the pack? I remember the french company that supplied me with the filters as very friendly and supportive. Along with all the instruction stuff I had received a hand-writed letter from the guy I corresponded previously with. It was very kind. Nice.

Had a bit of trouble finding the site, but here it is, filter is very easy to use and leaves "nothing behind" except for things it filters, lol
http://www.apothicom.org/sterifilt.php
you don't need to use the needle during filtering though, you can put it on after, i had to do it this way because the needles are too long here in Poland

another edit: http://www.apothicom.org/downloads/Price List GB.pdf

the paper thing you've got is indeed the post injection swab.

Last edited:
ah thanks a lot. no the filters are just cotton, like half a rollup cig filter. the needles i have don't appear to be separable from the syringe. is it better to mix it with the plunger or the needle? i guess the needle is cleaner, but would be blunted a lot by mixing?

Mix with your plunger. It should be just as sterile as the needle.

The entire syringe will be sterile.

Those sterifilt filters are really nice but it doesn't sound like you got those. You may want to think about using a micron filter - check out my signature for more info about them.

I don't know if you know, but never heat a shot. You simply don't need to as heroin is 100% soluble in cold water. It will just geet more adulterants into the solution, and you may lose some dope due to the heat.

nah i didnt get the sterifilt filters, plan to in future, heated the first shot but wont do in future, everything dissolves pretty well with the citric acid in the pack.

You need to heat your shots if you're in the UK.

You shouldn't use too much citric, about 1/3 the amount of heroin you want to dissolve. This converts your insoluble brown heroin base into it's water soluble salt; heroin citrate. Excess citric acid will remain in the solution and damage your veins as well as give you a rash that looks like nettle stings, that's why its very important to get the ratio right.

Bring the solution to a light boil until it all dissolves and allow to cool before filtering. Those filters that come in the pack aren't that great - they're too hard, your be better off using a cigarette filter cut in half or into thirds. Make sure you wet the filter first with water or it will soak up all your precious heroin solution.

I think those little square things are just to put your cooker on so it doesn't burn your table surface or whatever and also so the black shit from the lighter doesn't make a mess. We get the same steripacks in Ireland.

Oops. Ya heat your shots in the uk. You guys have heroin base not salt.

You should definitely use the included filter though. It is sterile and much finer than a cig filter.

The included filter is sterile but nobody uses them as they simply aren't conductive to the task they were designed for.

I would buy a pack of cigarette filters in the shop, always wash your hands before touching them, cut them with a scissors that has been cleaned with an alcohol swab and store them in a clean glassine/ziplock bag for later use.

If you can make the included filter work for you then go ahead and use it, but I have always experienced problems with it and so have many others.

Listen to the mods OP, they know what they're talking about. Cigarette filters are made from very small particles of cotton, which means they break off easily. You can then suck those invisible cotton fragments up into your shot, which then enter your vein. No good.

Use the filters they gave you or buy micron filters off the internet. But DO NOT use cigarette fillters.

Poking the filter with your needle will dull the needle. After cotton filtering with one needle, I'd back load into a new one. Dulling your needle will increase the chances you miss your shot.

Ive been using cig filters, as do all the other users i know, ( not in the Melbourne area) for 20 odd years...Only because we didnt know about the other filters on here...In fact ive only ever heard its bad since i started reading BL...

I had a shot once when i got an instant throbbing headache immediately after and spent an hour and a half dying until a mate came over to my house and told me to have another hit, which i did and it went away...I always thought id had a "dirty shot"...I didnt do myself at the time...It might have been cotton fever...But its never happened since...

I had no idea about the filter thing until i read it here......

Even if you aren't going to use the steri pack filter, you still shouldn't use a cig filter.

The best thing besides a micron filter is a sterile cotton swab tightly rolled and wetted with a little water.

It is recommended you boil any cotton which is not sterile before filtering with it.

I don't know where to get them over there.

I know that gpzservices.com will ship intl though.

i got these from http://www.exchangesupplies.org/ who also do micron filters, but the postage is a lot, gonna check out my local needle exchange as well. but i'm not *planning* for this to become my main ROA, so much more hassle, paranoia and time than sniffing.

pre wetting the filter is good. i wish these packs came with two needles, one to mix up and measure, one for the shot. oh well. is it a good idea to check i'm still registered halfway thru? or only if i feel pain/burning? 1ml 30g syringe if that matters.

HELP
I've never been on this site, but googled my problem and it brought me here. so this has never happened to me before, but IMMEDIATELY after shooting, which was a good, normal, clean hit and then KABOOM, my whole arm felt like it was on fire and it swelled up like a f'ing balloon. It's been over a half hour and my whole hand, fingers, are soooo swollen, there's patchy ratch all the way up my arm. the burning pain went away but it is so swollen i feel like my fingers are going to fall off. any suggestions?????