• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Need some advice about how to get off suboxone.

INodHrderThanYouDo

Greenlighter
Hey guys I'm a new member here, first post. SWIM has been on suboxone 8/2mg 3 times daily for about 2 years now. He spent the last year and a half using only his suboxone until about 2 weeks ago. He has heard all the horror stories about how hard bupe is to get off so he decided to switch back to heroin because it will be easier to get off of. His question is is 2 weeks long enough to get the bupe out of his system so he can just go cold turkey from the low doses of heroin he has been using to supplement? Should he be fine with this, or should he continue to use very low doses of dope for a few more weeks to be safe? Any serious advice would be greatly appreciated. He is serious about completely riding out the withdrawals, but would just like some advice from anyone who may have done a similar method. Thank you in advance and I hope to hear from some of you very soon. All the best to all of you.

We don't swim in this pool. Read the rules.

You should continue to very low doses of bupe, ideally down to 100-200 micrograms/day.

Soo you havent had bupe for 2 weeks right?

And you have been using a small amount of heroin daily for 2 weeks now...

And you are asking if you would still have bupe withdrawals ifn you C.T the heroin?

Have you actually done this or are you planning on doing it?

IF you have already done it, then i would suggest you taper the heroin down to as small an amount as possible then jump offa that....

If you are planning to do it, I wouldnt recommend switching from bupe to heroin..Stay on the bupe and taper as low as you can go...then jump..

I have experience with both drugs..

I you've been bupe free for two weeks, yea, it's out of your system. However, your system is still used to the bupe, and hasn't had enough time to adjust to the heroin. frankly, I'd just ct the heroin. I've only seen or heard of one heroin taper that was actually successful (in that when it ended the user continued to stay sober for a long time). you can use loperamide and clonidine and whatnot to make the c/t more comfortable.

Frankly, I think you'd have more chances of success becoming opioid free by tapering down really low, over a long period of time, on the bupe then once you have stabilized on 0.25mg bupe, jump off. slow and steady wins the race.