• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Precipitated Withdrawals: 2 questions

k20

Bluelighter
Hey BL. So I know how pw works. If I'm addicted to heroin (or another opiate) and the heroin is still in my system and take suboxone, I'll go into PW.

But what if I haven't taken heroin in a while and did it one time in lets say several months, and take the suboxone before the heroin leaves my system, will I go into PW even if I'm not addicted?

Another question. If I'm addicted to tramadol and take the suboxone before the tramadol leaves my system, will I go into PW? Does the suboxone effect tramadols like every other opiate? I've heard that tramadol and subs are a great combo so I was wondering if tramdaol is an exception, especially because tramadols are different from your typical opiates.

Thanks

Tramadol and Suboxone have no adverse effects on eachother; you can take them at the same exact time, nothing bad will happen.

If you have smack in your system, there are many variables to consider when doing with Suboxone to eliminate your odds of going into precipitated WDs. Could you be more clear with the first question, please?

if you don't wait about 24 hours after taking a full agonist opiate to take bupe you will get p/w and it feels worse than anything you could imagine

if you don't wait about 24 hours after taking a full agonist opiate to take bupe you will get p/w and it feels worse than anything you could imagine

for xtcake too:

even if i used heroin just once? not a habit but after using heroin 1 time and then taking sub before it leaves my system i'll have pw?

Administering Bupe' too soon on top of methadone is the worst, so far from what iv'e heard/read heroin is a close second...it seems like Opana & Fentynal would be third & fourth, but the first two mentioned have had the most downfalls w/ methadone as the worst p/w by far.

It doesn't matter if you have a habit or only tried heroin once: if you take the Suboxone too soon, you'll be thrown into precipitated WD's.

OP - the general rule of thumb, for a shorter acting full agonist opioid such as heroin, is to wait a full 24-48hrs before using suboxone/bupe. Most people I know only have to wait 12-24hrs before they can take their subs. When I used to use heroin, for god know what random reason, I would only have to wait 8hrs before I was safe...

Generally, if you wait a day, you're guaranteed to be fine (this, again, applies to heroin).