• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Bright Red Blood in Vein NOT AN ARTERY

26dollar

Greenlighter
So let's start off by saying SWIM taught herself how to IV heroin. SWIM has mostly very deep veins that are not visible. It was a really tough go at first and SWIM busted some veins. Now on SWIM's arms and hands, the two veins she can track seem to go flat at places and then bump up again. And when SWIM tries to shoot up in those veins, the same veins she was shooting in before, SWIM can register, but the blood is bright red. SWIM cannot really understand what is happening. SWIM thought when a vein collapsed, it just flattened out and there wouldn't be pressure enough to register properly. No blood goes into the syringe until SWIM is in. There is no doubt. SWIM can feel the needle is in the vein. It doesn't hurt or form a blister. The rush seems less, but SWIM can't really tell because the last bag she got is really bad quality compared to what she is used to. Has anyone had a similar experience. When SWIM googles "bright red blood" the only info that pops up is about hitting an artery. SWIM is 10000% sure it is not an artery.

Can you elaborate please? How does one acquire carbon monoxide poisoning from injecting?

rotate your injection sites use methods to reveal your veins also see the iv problems megathread safe shooting

No, if you had it already and drew blood, it would be brighter red then usual. It is not the answer in all likelihood, but I can't think of how to venous blood would be bright red right when drawn into a syringe.

rotate your injection sites use methods to reveal your veins also see the iv problems megathread safe shooting
Yes, thank you. SWIM already does that. SWIM knows better now how to find her veins. That's not really answering the question that was posed...

No, if you had it already and drew blood, it would be brighter red then usual.
I'm fairly certain carbon monoxide poisoning is not what is causing this. There are no other symptoms and SWIM hasn't been exposed to any significant amounts of CO gas...

Yeah I am sure of it too, its just the first thing I would (and many people) think of upon seeing exceedingly red venous blood.

If that was the case, pulse oximetery would not work...

Captain's Tip #2

Being dehydrated causes your blood in your veins to look pretty light red.

Stay hydrated.