• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ambien + Sominex (Diphenhydramine) + dank weed, bad combo?

PuffinHerbs

Greenlighter
I'm looking to get pretty high this weekend, for the fun of it and to have some really good sleep.
I have pretty bad insomnia and have been taking ambien on and off, mostly on school nights, but lately it hasn't been helping much. It helps when I smoke a lot with the ambien, or if I drink and smoke (not with ambien obviously, that would be bad :p), but I haven't had much herb due to a shortage in disposable income.

I have read that you can get high/trip off high amounts of diphenhydramine or moderate amounts of ambien, however I haven't ever tripped or gotten really high when taking them separately. I also tried taking 300mg of DXM and smoking a phat bowl a while ago and THAT didn't even make me trip, was just really baked. But anyway, to get to the point, I've read crazy trip reports of ambien + diphenhydramine, so taking 10-15mg of ambien + 100-150 mg of Diphen PLUS chronic nug should be crazy, or will it be too crazy? Almost lethal?

If anyone has tried this or is knowledgeable about pharmaceutical drugs, I would greatly appreciate your advice, thanks.

And oh yeah, I forgot to add, I'm also taking Wellbutrin once a day in the morning, a small dose I think, but it seems so minor I didn't feel it was worth mentioning. Better safe than sorry though.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great way to fall asleep/black out. Theres not much of a high with diphenhydramine, unless you like delirants.
Pretty sure DXM + anti-depressants can cause serotonin syndrome. Avoid that.

Maybe try baking some pot cookies if your looking for a fun buzz with your resources.