• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Few questions about Valium dosage and the non-existent effects

Dr_Gerber_s

Greenlighter
Background: About a year ago I had a small problem with opiates but mostly just with pills in general. I stopped cold turkey though. (not so much because i wanted to but I just ran out of money and connections) Anyway I have recently acquired 15 2mg Valium and 2 7.5 mg hydrocodone. I would like to know the best way to get one good 'use' out of the 2. I understand the effects of both and Im very careful when it comes to this kind of thing. I took 6mg of valium yesterday and didnt really feel anything. I have no tolerance to either medications. This is my first post so Im sorry if i fucked up placement or something and thank you all for taking the time to read and respond to me.

Take 10 mg Valium to start, by itself, just to relax. As for the hydrocodone, I would take both pills, 15 mg, for a good opiate high for someone with no tolerance, but again do not take anything else with it.

How long should I wait to feel the valium? I have a hard time feeling the effects of benzos until...well its to late 8o .

Well, it should start to kick in about 30 minutes after dosing, and you should feel it nicely about an hour after dosing. However, benzos can be subtle, esp. in low doses. I would save it to just relax, and don't expect to get "high" of Valium. Have a relaxing evening by yourself with whatever you like to do to relax, and add the 10 mg Valium for good measure. Again, it won't get you high, benzos just don't, really, at least not like opiates.

Load up on white grapefruit juice an hour or two before the valium for potentiation.

2mg valium pills are VERY SMALL. 10mg of valium is close to 1mg of xanax in terms of equivalent doses, so yeah, thats why your not getting much from 2mg of the valium. try 10-15mgs of valium and you might feel decent.

valiums are super easy to chew, too. they just disintegrate in your mouth with one bite, then the relaxation starts quicker. It's what I do for my panic attacks- chew 20 mgs and I'm fine in 90 seconds.

Yeah I do not even understand the point of 2mg pills I doubt most people would be affected by them at all.

some people are hyper sensitive to it. I know my grandma had some 2mg valium before, and it worked fine for her. She is an old lady and 2mg would work fine for her for he needs.

Also it would be good for someone tapering off benzos.

It is actually kinda like getting .25mg xanax. I had a bitch of a doctor once give me .25 mg xanax after I left the hospital cuz she didn't like scripting them over that amount. Shit was ridiculous.

I dont know if its too late for me to say this but I ended up taking 10mg waiting 30 minutes then 15mg of hydrocodone. I had myself exactly where I wanted to be but me being me I ended up having a couple of beers and 2 more mg of valium and that was just too much for me to just sit in bed and it turned into an overall bad time which really sucks. Benzos just suck me in like a black hole 8o

I wouldn't have drunk the alcohol if I were you. if you are using benzos and drink, the experience will get messy fast.

WTF do they even bother producing 2 mg Valiums? Seriously, 2 mg couldn't calm an agitated 6-year-old.

Anyway, to the OP: Assuming you have no tolerance, and you have only the shitty 2 mg pills, you will need to take at least 16 mg to "feel" that somewhat subtle benzo goodness.

Personally, I've never enjoyed mixing any benzo with opioids, as I find they "take away" from the blissful opioid high. Others, however, love the benzo/opioid combo. Eh, different strokes for different folks...

Valium is an awesome medicinal benzo. Subtle, long-lasting anxiolysis without getting too fucked up.

I dont know if its too late for me to say this but I ended up taking 10mg waiting 30 minutes then 15mg of hydrocodone. I had myself exactly where I wanted to be but me being me I ended up having a couple of beers and 2 more mg of valium and that was just too much for me to just sit in bed and it turned into an overall bad time which really sucks. Benzos just suck me in like a black hole 8o

It was the beer.