• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc asenapine

vyvanazepam

Greenlighter
i have severe anxiety and for the past year i was prescribed clonazepam
but my psychiatrist got in an extremely bad car accident,so while he was gone i would see his nurse, who decided to take me off the clonazepam and put me on saphis (asenapine) off label for anxiety

whats you r opinion on this, should i really talk to my doctor about changing it because its a very strong med only for anxiety

I was on it for a while and I can say it was useless for me. Seriously, totally useless. Buspar was better, and that is a useless drug IMO.

The nurse was treating you and prescribing your meds? I don't think that's legal. Hmmm....

The nurse was treating you and prescribing your meds? I don't think that's legal. Hmmm....

Depends upon the degree that the nurse has and the circumstances.

When you say that Saphris is a "very strong" medication for anxiety, what do you mean exactly? Perhaps the goal was to get you off something that is habit-forming, like the benzo. Plus you haven't mentioned how you feel on Saphris.

Last edited:
It's hard to give you a complete answer because we don't know your full story.

Were you taking clonazepam on a regular basis or on an as-needed basis? How often were you taking clonazepam and how much?

In my opinion, once a patient has been on benzodiazepines for a certain amount of time (assuming they're taking them on a regular basis - bear in mind that clonazepam has a long half life, even taking one dose every 48 hours could be considered a "regular basis") taking them off benzodiazepines without a taper or some kind isn't safe and isn't good medical practice.