• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Injected 2mg Dilaudid

Benzopiates

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I'm very used to doiing an usual 2mg Dilaudid injection, all went like normal but this time, when i pulled the needle back at the end, the blood, instead of being dark red and thick, it was light red, and very light, watery... I dont know if i injected into an artery, what if I did... the shot seemed a bit less of a rush than the normal... what should I do now, what will happen if it really was an arthery, It did hurt a bit when i pushed the plunger but i did it anyway... and if it really WAS an artery, how do i know which ones are veins and which ones are artery.

I've been injecting more this past days than the usual, so I have to rotate my spot, I was using 2 diff veins in each arms but even then it wasn't enough, I tried to use another spot and ended up doing this. Now i'm scared what should i do for now and what should i do in the future to prevent this from happening again?

that sounds like an artery. if that happens again, dont inject ! it can lead to all sorts of complications - see the above thread.

any pain now? or redness, swelling etc?

It does sound like an artery. I don't know the potential dangers of what you have done, so I can't comment on that, but it does sound like you hit an artery.

and blood would have shot out, and up into the syringe

did the blood push itself into the syringe and pump up and down at different levels, pulsating with your heartbeat. doesn't have to do that to be in an artery, but it can. also, if you push, lots of times you will feel a strage feeling as if all the little molecules just head straight to your fingertips and tingle/shock-like sensation is felt. doesn't really hurt, but if any of that happened, you were def. in an artery. did you stick really deep? another way of knowing is when you pull the needle out, the blood will either spray out (yes), or bleed much more profusley and you have to apply a lot more pressure for a lot longer until it stops.

How are you now? How is the injection site? Tough to gauge what happened from the description as all blood seems colored a bit different. Either way, I hope you're ok.

My two cents: Arteries hurt like hell and you know it.

whenever my blood isnt in black syrup form, I am relieved. Whenever my blood is actually bright red for once i never miss, and its always in a vein that isnt completely demolished....maybe i have been wrong this whole time

You definitely did NOT hit an artery. You would know without a doubt if you had done so. This same situation that you have described has happened to me several times. Honestly, it happened only when I used certain veins.

You definitely did NOT hit an artery. You would know without a doubt if you had done so. This same situation that you have described has happened to me several times. Honestly, it happened only when I used certain veins.

Yup. Plus sometimes you use mroe water in a syringe giving a lighter affect, or just the light in the room. It's hard to hit a artery honestly. Except your neck. IK someone who shoots up in the neck. He'll be a DOA soon,