• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe from suboxone, to loperamide, back to suboxone

DustnRoses

Bluelighter
I was taking subs for about 2 months, did dope for about a week straight, then used sub again for 4 days (ran out....8()

For the 4 days, I was taking only about 1mg/day...probably even less. But last night, with no sub left and a huge fear of impending WD, I took 40mg of loperamide. I got a bad stomach ache for about an hour, but other than that, I've felt completely fine since I took it, 28 hours ago.

I went to sub dr today, got my script, and have subs again....it's been almost 30 hours since taking the loperamide...and I only took it once...am I safe to take my sub? or Do I need to wait longer?

Well I ended up taking about .5mg sub, about 30 hours after the single dose (40mg) of loperamide, and I lay down in bed about 20 minutes after, semi-nervous that I might experience precipitated WD. Well, I fell asleep...so I guess, even if I did precipitate WD, it was so mild that I slept right through it. I woke up a few hours later feeling nothing...not sick, but not great...maybe I just didn't take enough sub, Idk. But now it's been about 40 hours since the lope, and 10 hours since the .5mg of sub, so I'm gonna take another 1mg of sub now, as I'm almost positive that the dose I took last night removed any lingering lope from my receptors.

Yeah you're probably good to go. I was going to post earlier that I doubted you would have a problem, but it seemed irresponsible since I've never used Loperamide myself, so my advice would be based only on experience with other full agonists and bupe.

I'm considering taking a few days off my suboxone, just to see how it goes and substituting it with Lope instead. It sounds like we have a similar tolerance to buprenorphine (around 1mg a day), did you feel like the 40mg of loperamide made you feel normal without the suboxone? I'd probably start off with a lower dosage, like 20mg, but I'm just curious.

40mgs of lope wasn't quite euphoric, but it definitely made me feel almost 100% normal...even a slight buzz about 3 hours after taking it. The stomach ache from about 1 hour after taking it til 3 hours after taking was annoying, but didn't make it not worth taking...if that makes sense.

ive felt some pretty strong effects from loperamide. actually VERY strong.

when i could not afford the suboxone, i decided to switch to loperamide for a while. it definitely kept the wd at bay, but the side effects became clear rather quickly. i found epsom salt to be my new best friend.

after a few months, tax season and financial aid season began and i took a trip to the doc. after 3-4 months of daily loperamide use, i experienced ZERO precipitated withdrawal. i started with low dose buprenorphine (0.125mg) doses every half an hour until i was up to 1mg. then the doses increased until i had 8mg in me by the end of the night.

the only side effect i suppose was the loperamide being kicked off my enteric receptors, so a lot of poop came out, but in a good and relieving way.

i was also concerned about other side effects from loperamide. sometimes i had shaky hands and stints of confusion.

I am bupe tolerant and I still enjoy the very real high I get from 150-200mg loperamide. When I'm not so opioid tolerant 100mg lope does me real good. And no serious constipation issues to speak of (actually I have less constipation when using this stuff now than I had back when I started using heroin closer to the beginning of my opioid career)

Just say'n :)

I would be more willing to try the loperamide high (I've only used it and am currently using it to avoid WD) if I weren't afraid of the Parkinsonian damage it can theoretically cause, sounds really dangerous.

could you say more on that Ohayou? even just a link or something would be more than enough. Then again, I guess I just search about it, but, meh...

although of course I'd be concerned about it, I kinda feel like, at this point, I am probably guaranteed Parkinsonian symptoms regardless 8(

Unfortunately I don't have a link right now but some study showed that baby pigs which had undeveloped blood brain barriers were given loperamide permanent damage was done and caused Parkinson like symptoms, I regret I really have no sources here but it sufficiently scared me away from taking enough lope to get high which i figure would ensure that much of it was crossing the BBB, so i figured getting high on lope = brain damage. Once again, I have no sources or proof.

the studies are referring to a compound that is similar to a metabolite of loperamide, MPP+.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPTP is the precurosr used for studies

some loperamide metabolites are similar, but not identical.

i'll search around... or maybe you will...

Great, thanks you two! A good start, for sure. <3 I think I'll ease down with my high ass lope doses.... for now ;)

On the one hand, I'm not too concerned about this, at least as far as my recent use goes.

That being said, I'm also scared shitless just enough of giving myself irreversible Parkinsons like symptoms to not plan on taking any lope for a long ass time.