• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids does this sound normal

e92

Bluelighter
i guess you can say im addicted to opiates, oxycodone specifically. i dont even do a lot anymore, just maybe 15mg a day because it'll make me feel normal. if a day passes where i dont use, i pretty much feel like shit. depressed, just feel like being home and generally no desire to do anything, only get oxy. suddenly if i do some oxy, even a small 15mg dose, i feel like "ok back to business" and i can finally get on with my life.

is this just a mental withdrawal? or physical? i've experienced heroin withdrawal and that was the worst thing ever which is nothing compared to this.

This is physical opiate withdrawal, just a mild version.

wow 15 mg a day is pretty low isnt it?..I am not for a second being negative in any way..If your addicted your addicted..Your physically and mentally addicted...I was using upwards from *( deleted the exact amount a day i took as it was toxic and not a level i want anyone else to ever consider safe or ok to do..) a day, sometimes more and the mental withdrawals were the hardest part..It took me up to 4 mths on MMT to stop thinking about oxies 24/7..Ive been off them 1 year and only think about them when im on here!!!

Taper slowley off the 15 mg dude if you can..You havent in my opinion given yourself any real tolerance yet...Even go down to say 10mg for two or three weeks, then 5mg for two weeks..then 2.5mg for a while...BUT the mental part can take bloody ages mate..Its a drag...I had to change my life alot and get rid of my triggers..the ones i could anyway..

Now i am a slave to methadone!!

Good luck...try get off it before you start taking higher amounts..

Ugh, such a soft spot for me, I frigging loved my oxys when I had them...Well, even though you use them extremely frequently since it's a relatively low dose you might be able to successfully stop taking them on your own. If you want off them what I would do is very gradually cut down on them, even if only by 3 mg, progressively each week until you are weaned off of them instead of just quitting all at once one day.

Good luck!

EDIT: oh...person above me kind of said the same thing...eh, whatev :/

Last edited: