• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone withdrawl question?

Redrumi135

Greenlighter
Okay so i have been taking soboxone films consistantly for about two months. I take at least 1 mg and as much as 1.75 mg a day. All i hear is about these dreaded wuthdrawls that come when cold turkey suboxone and i am scared of that of course. Before taking subs i was using about .1 to .2 of a gram of black tar heroin(Smoked) a day for only about a month. I really really dont want to be taking subs any longer because Of all the trouble i could go thru if i continue to take. So i was wondering what i could expect when stopping. I have one more dose (.75mg) left right now and no script. I have a very high matabilism. I still get a good buzz off each dose i take. Soo if you have experienced a similar situation or have Any info that would greatly apprciated.

im currently getting off of suboxone myself. ive tapered down to .25mgs from 2mgs over a few weeks. (which was not painless i must add) but after being on .25 for about a week i stopped for 3 days while on the third day which is the worst in suboxone wd's i took .125mgs and it got me to sleep and took away most of the severe symptoms and now im 3 days past that and i feel 90 percent better.

you can expect almost all normal opiate wd symptoms just more mild. but it lasts longer. the point is that you have to feel that way for your body to get back to normal and how you do that is up to you. loperamide (otc diareah med) is very helpful. i didnt take it till the day after i took the .125mgs but thats just because i didnt have it and read it could help. and it does. its an opioid that isnt centrally active so doesnt work on the brain so it helps you get past the mental wds while you take it then once you stop the loperamide you have to deal with alot of the physical wds. very similar to a stomach flu. thats just my situation right now. keep your protien intake up. take vitamins. give your body the building blocks to heal.

also i wouldnt recommend using the loperamide at more than the double daily dose the first day then taper off shortly after because you can get addicted to that. any other questions please ask. im kinda rambling at this point

suboxone withdrawal doesn't even really start till the 4 or 5 day you stopped taking it... the actually withdrawal lasts forevverrr...

depends on the dose. i could say i withdrawaled all the way from 4mgs a day till i was done. it creates a slow struggle thats hard to get past. not saying its worse than normal opiates nor better. its just different. i tapered so low that there was very little in my body. loperamide helped so much. it amazed me. might not work for everyone. and i noticed it took away alot of the dysphoria i had. even at the normal daily dose. enough to get out and get moving again.ive felt almost normal besides mental fog some anxiety and moodiness.

im almost scared to come off this now though. i feel like most of the withdrawals are from the intestine and gi tract problem then opiate withdrawal gives. think of any stomach virus youve had. you have dysphoria, chills, coldsweats. all the worst problem of opiate wd. at least for me.

Well im 22 hrs since last dose and i dont really feel much but tired/yawning. I know that 22 hrs is early but i withdrawl very fast. I can feel MINOR sypmtoms even 12-14 after my last dose. Suboxone has been very helpful but i fucking hate being controlled by it. Say i lost my strip and had no money, my next two days or so would be fucked till i got more money to buy more. With heroin this was five times worse and i had fullblown withdrawls in 18-24 hrs but ya. Fuck feeling like that. I just want to be done with it.

At a low dosage you definately start to feel withdrawal sooner than you do at say, 4mg a day. I find it works well for me to divide my one mg into two dosages, that way come the evening im not just waiting till I fall asleep.

I've had to postpone my taper currently as I started back in school a month ago, and don't really want to face any additional stressors, but what helped me during the days when I was adjusting to a lower dose was gabapentin, it pretty much took away all withdrawal.

Buprenorphine is a microgram drug, so you really do want to taper pretty low before dropping. Most people who have been successful quit at .125 mg, though I know success story's where people dropped it at 2 mg. Either way you can't fully avoid withdrawal, but you can lessen the severity of it by slowly tapering, and possibly using loperamide and gabapentin, though it should be noted loperamide is physically addictive as well, so you got to be carefull that your not just switching drugs and use it sparingly

^thanks for the input. At this point i just feel restless and slight pains, etc. Its just exhausting but not unbearable. I have taken 8mg loperamide at 12 this afternoon and im guessing since my symptoms arent really that bad that it wont help that much because i dont feel a noticable difference. This is my first day without subs for quite awhile. I hope for my sake that i dont let it get to my head too much so i dont go pick up some h.

Also, eating good food and taking multivitamins seem to help a bit. Of course i am smoking more cigarettes then normal which probably doesnt help but i phene for them. They do seem to relax me if i just rest and meditate on it.

Last edited:
i really wish there were some smaller sized strips out there. physically the same size as an 8mg but with 0.5mg instead AND 1/16th the DAME PRICE!

it's REALLY hard for me to take a 1/16th or less of one of those strips when i am looking at the other 15/16ths!

not to mention i am floored the more i take without any negative side effects

0.5mg never really did it.

I have heard there are 2mg strips the same size as the 8mg. They have a N2 on them instead of N8 but its seems they arent perscribed nearly as much as the 8s.

I just got on the N2's, there so much easier than the quantum mathematics it takes to divide up an N8. Now I just fold the thing in half two times, it's perfect.

I just got on the N2's, there so much easier than the quantum mathematics it takes to divide up an N8. Now I just fold the thing in half two times, it's perfect.

I think these strips are definately worth a go compared to splitting those 8s. Is the price cheeper for N2 compared to N8 (id hope so).(not asking for prices)

No, which is why I took the N8's for so long, the two are pretty much the same price, so when I didn't have coverage, buying the 2's was insane.

Another thing I've noticed about the 2mg strips is that they aren't dried or cracked at all, they're in fact quite emaculate.

In case you don't know you can inject the strips.

It's very easy, and looks nicer and causes less anxiety (for me having to look at the nasty orange in a needle lol). Just put the strip in a water bottle cap. Load up a spike with some water, spray it in the cap, use the end of the plunger to move it around. It will stick a little at first, but soon it will completely dissolve.

Now if you know how much you started with, for example you put a whole strip in there of 8mg, and you have a certain amount of water, say 80mg. You can then know that you have 1mg per every 10 units of water. You can do that with any numbers. It makes it very easy to divide it up, especially when you get to smaller numbers.

Anyways, if you are only taking 1mg a day, you should try to space out what you have left as long as possible. Personally I would wait as long as possible before taking it. Also as a word of advice you need to focus on if you're really going through withdrawals or not.

im now 5days past my last dose and i feel a ton better. still taking loperamide but never more than the daily recommended dose. im starting to feel normal for a few hours each day. its hard to get moving and get motivated but when i do i feel better. stick with it cause after that 3rd or 4th day youre almost there. ime even sleeping 6 hours a night the past 2 nights.

Yep i have IVed the strips at lower doses of around .5mg but since its a big increase in BA i would only be increasing my tolerance which isnt my goal. I am now almost 60hrs since last dose and feel just fine from a loleramide dose over 18 hrs ago. If at all possible i will not take anything else from now on to actually kick the withdrawals. I might need to take a small dose of lope tho and just ween off over a five day period or something.

In case you don't know you can inject the strips.

It's very easy, and looks nicer and causes less anxiety (for me having to look at the nasty orange in a needle lol). Just put the strip in a water bottle cap. Load up a spike with some water, spray it in the cap, use the end of the plunger to move it around. It will stick a little at first, but soon it will completely dissolve.

Now if you know how much you started with, for example you put a whole strip in there of 8mg, and you have a certain amount of water, say 80mg. You can then know that you have 1mg per every 10 units of water. You can do that with any numbers. It makes it very easy to divide it up, especially when you get to smaller numbers.

Anyways, if you are only taking 1mg a day, you should try to space out what you have left as long as possible. Personally I would wait as long as possible before taking it. Also as a word of advice you need to focus on if you're really going through withdrawals or not.

I wouldn't really be recomending I.V use of buprenorphine if someone is trying to taper off (unless they have been injecting their bupe the whole time). My whole philosophy about it is to stick with the ROA you've been using when tapering, so you don't have to worry about recalculating your dosages, and possibly raising your tolerance, or the change of duration of effects.

I wouldn't really be recomending I.V use of buprenorphine if someone is trying to taper off (unless they have been injecting their bupe the whole time). My whole philosophy about it is to stick with the ROA you've been using when tapering, so you don't have to worry about recalculating your dosages, and possibly raising your tolerance, or the change of duration of effects.

Yep you got it. However, i had no xhance to truly taper down as i have been unable to obtain more suboxone. I am very suprised at how helpful this otc loperamide was and i am currently tapering off of that very quickly. Every other day i am taking half the amount of the previous dose and it is working just fine.

Just taper down. I've tapered from 2 mg to 0.3 mg and have had zero withdrawal symptoms.

^Oh, well whatever. Just quit then. The withdrawal isn't actually bad at all, the only reason I didn't jump from 2 mg is because I've been in benzo withdrawal for months, which DOES suck ass, and didn't want to deal with 2 types of withdrawal.

Iv tapered from 8mg 2 times a day to 8mg once a day was on 16mg for 2 yrs been o 8mg for 4 months and havent had any thing for 7 days it got bad on day 5 havent slept for 3 nights my back hurts and my legs ache have been told this could go on for 2 weeks or so about ready to get some dope

Okay so i have been taking soboxone films consistantly for about two months. I take at least 1 mg and as much as 1.75 mg a day. All i hear is about these dreaded wuthdrawls that come when cold turkey suboxone and i am scared of that of course. Before taking subs i was using about .1 to .2 of a gram of black tar heroin(Smoked) a day for only about a month. I really really dont want to be taking subs any longer because Of all the trouble i could go thru if i continue to take. So i was wondering what i could expect when stopping. I have one more dose (.75mg) left right now and no script. I have a very high matabilism. I still get a good buzz off each dose i take. Soo if you have experienced a similar situation or have Any info that would greatly apprciated.

You should get some more bupe and taper down.. theres no point to jump off at 1-2mg when you could easily taper down and avoid some pain. But being that it's only been 2 months I don't think it will be too bad. In fact I would get off ASAP like TODAY. because every day you stay on the worse wtihdrawals will get. At this point you are not deep in the woods. I bet 14 days youll be feeling like 100%. If you stay on it's only going to get worse, and you will find your self avoiding it, before you know it it's been years now you have like a 30 day detox and 90 days of paws lol.

Iv tapered from 8mg 2 times a day to 8mg once a day was on 16mg for 2 yrs been o 8mg for 4 months and havent had any thing for 7 days it got bad on day 5 havent slept for 3 nights my back hurts and my legs ache have been told this could go on for 2 weeks or so about ready to get some dope

8mg once a day is a fucking huge dose man. You need to taper to under 1mg daily.. like .1mg ideally. Especially sinec you have been on it for years. I mean it's not one bit surprising you are about to relapse on dope. You are basically withdrawing from like 60mg methadone lol.

Yep you got it. However, i had no xhance to truly taper down as i have been unable to obtain more suboxone. I am very suprised at how helpful this otc loperamide was and i am currently tapering off of that very quickly. Every other day i am taking half the amount of the previous dose and it is working just fine.
The OTC loperamide is a great idea and at the doses you are taking I think it will work great for withdrawal. If you have access to any benzos they will help you get over the hump for a few nights you can't sleep. But do not take them for any more than 3 or 4 days. or just try to take a small dose only when you are going to sleep.