• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Questions on snorting Focalin

louisvillemusicman

Bluelighter
I have a few questions about the negative consequences of snorting Focalin
I have been keeping this habit up (to put it lightly) for about 6 or 7 months now. I have a script for 40mg of Focalin for my ADD and well, I don't ever use it to help my ADD. At the beginning of this I would usually snort about half and just eat the other half but as of recently when I get my prescription I'll go through the whole thing in about 12 days or so. It's pretty bad.
I actually just went through my last two about 3 hours ago.
and usually I will snort 2 at a time.
but my questions are:
-How long does it take to get a deviated septum? I'm not worried about it now, but I'd still like to know
-What damage can/is/will this do to my mucus membrane?
-What effects is this having on my lungs?
-After I snort a line and exhale, I breathe out powder almost like I took a hit of a cigarette. This could have been happening a while but I just recently noticed it

If there's any more useful information you can give me about all this hoot blah, please let me know
Thanks a bunch guys
Love & Peace,
Ben

-How long does it take to get a deviated septum? I'm not worried about it now, but I'd still like to know
-After I snort a line and exhale, I breathe out powder almost like I took a hit of a cigarette. This could have been happening a while but I just recently noticed it

It's impossible to tell how much damage your use is causing. Chances are, the damage will be restricted predominantly to your sinuses from:
1. vasoconstriction due to the methylphenidate
2. mechanical agiatation from talc.

Most of the damage is going to be freom your forming a habit around this medication.

ive snorted everything from focalin to H to whatever and now that ive stopped for a year or so i notice every so often, few times a week, i get this crazy burning sensation in my nose, especially going from warm air to cold air. it happens more than naturally though. just something from my veiw.

also if powder is getting into your lungs from the high amount of power it would be very harmful. obviously. especially talc.

I am the same way. I will am scriped to Metadate CD 40mg and Focalin instant 10mgs which is like a 20mg instant Meta. Been heavy with the habit going for wow. 6 years now. I used to snort them for fun and make music or skate when i was younger. I have to go hide in the bathroom to blow a 40mg/10g just to sit through a movie without really feeling depressed. I go through all 60 in about 2 weeks. then wait 2 weeks in withdrawl and re up. Pretty much blows but when i do have them i feel amazing. Guess I am an addict.

I have been keeping this habit up (to put it lightly) for about 6 or 7 months now. I have a script for 40mg of Focalin for my ADD and well, I don't ever use it to help my ADD. At the beginning of this I would usually snort about half and just eat the other half but as of recently when I get my prescription I'll go through the whole thing in about 12 days or so. It's pretty bad.
but my questions are:

If there's any more useful information you can give me about all this hoot blah, please let me know
Thanks a bunch guys
Love & Peace,
Ben
My little brother has a script for 30 x 25mgs, so about once a week I'll take 3 or 4 of em and empty out the balls then refill them with sugar so no one knows (yes I know that's fucked up but hey, they can't be good for him and it's a free high). Anyways, this has lead me to ask many of those questions...
To your first, no one knows because everyone's nose, drug abused, and amount abused vary. But we do know that eventually for everyone who maintains a habit of insufflating substances that it will happen. Given that it does take time (your body is made to live/repair not just deteriorate if damage occurs) your nose prolly doesn't have much left. Think of all the powder in one of those caplets; any fine particles that go through the mucus membrane rips and tears at it(small but still significant), so doing a binge will cause more damage as your not giving it time to heal in between the barrages of powder. Even though it's not as intense as cocaine in terms of vasoconstriction, vasoconstriction still occurs (I know you've felt your heart after doing a bunch of focalin in terms of how fast its beating, and I've noticed that my feet and hands get cold to the point of numbness if I don't cover them up: all pointing to negative effects to your circulatory system) which only makes healing slower....at least with cocaine if it's pure you need only a line to feel the same as say three or four lines of focalin and you arentCommon sense tells you that you may have a year(just a guess), maybe less with this rate of use. Think about it this way-do you really feel that this abuse and craving for a high is worth looking weird as fuck for the rest of your life because of your nose?
Once the damage to your mucus membrane is done you can experience nose bleeds at random, pain in your nose/sinuses, and loss of your sense of smell. As for your lungs, any powder that gets down there (focalin is unlike heroin or cocaine in that it's usually crushed into smaller particles and those particles seem to be extra light, making it so that no matter how little you breathe in while snorting some still goes to your lungs-usually with coke or h snorting softer can solve this) damages the capillaries because they're made to transfer oxygen and co2 not solid particles, and large amounts of powder in your lungs can increase your risk of bronchitis and pneumonia and other respiratory diseases/infections.
Finally to hit on your last point, I notice this too especially if my mouth and throat are dry (I'm guessing the lack of moisture-moisture would usually get whatever isn't caught by your mucus-allows for the extra powder to blow out like smoke) If I were you I would either quit on my own or get help because while none of these really bad things have happened to you yet, they WILL occur if the habit continues...
P.s. I noticed you didn't mention your heart in your questions about prolonged use-hypertension along with high blood pressure and tachycardia are damaging your circulatory system, and prolonged exposure is only making it worse...your veins and arteries can only take so much (not to mention your heart) and it's only a matter of time before you have a clot, stroke or heart attack, and I don't think IMO that I would want my parents and loved ones to know I died of something caused by a drug habit. Goodluck

My little brother has a script for 30 x 25mgs, so about once a week I'll take 3 or 4 of em and empty out the balls then refill them with sugar so no one knows (yes I know that's fucked up but hey, they can't be good for him and it's a free high). Anyways, this has lead me to ask many of those questions...
To your first, no one knows because everyone's nose, drug abused, and amount abused vary. But we do know that eventually for everyone who maintains a habit of insufflating substances that it will happen. Given that it does take time (your body is made to live/repair not just deteriorate if damage occurs) your nose prolly doesn't have much left. Think of all the powder in one of those caplets; any fine particles that go through the mucus membrane rips and tears at it(small but still significant), so doing a binge will cause more damage as your not giving it time to heal in between the barrages of powder. Even though it's not as intense as cocaine in terms of vasoconstriction, vasoconstriction still occurs (I know you've felt your heart after doing a bunch of focalin in terms of how fast its beating, and I've noticed that my feet and hands get cold to the point of numbness if I don't cover them up: all pointing to negative effects to your circulatory system) which only makes healing slower....at least with cocaine if it's pure you need only a line to feel the same as say three or four lines of focalin and you arentCommon sense tells you that you may have a year(just a guess), maybe less with this rate of use. Think about it this way-do you really feel that this abuse and craving for a high is worth looking weird as fuck for the rest of your life because of your nose?
Once the damage to your mucus membrane is done you can experience nose bleeds at random, pain in your nose/sinuses, and loss of your sense of smell. As for your lungs, any powder that gets down there (focalin is unlike heroin or cocaine in that it's usually crushed into smaller particles and those particles seem to be extra light, making it so that no matter how little you breathe in while snorting some still goes to your lungs-usually with coke or h snorting softer can solve this) damages the capillaries because they're made to transfer oxygen and co2 not solid particles, and large amounts of powder in your lungs can increase your risk of bronchitis and pneumonia and other respiratory diseases/infections.
Finally to hit on your last point, I notice this too especially if my mouth and throat are dry (I'm guessing the lack of moisture-moisture would usually get whatever isn't caught by your mucus-allows for the extra powder to blow out like smoke) If I were you I would either quit on my own or get help because while none of these really bad things have happened to you yet, they WILL occur if the habit continues...
P.s. I noticed you didn't mention your heart in your questions about prolonged use-hypertension along with high blood pressure and tachycardia are damaging your circulatory system, and prolonged exposure is only making it worse...your veins and arteries can only take so much (not to mention your heart) and it's only a matter of time before you have a clot, stroke or heart attack, and I don't think IMO that I would want my parents and loved ones to know I died of something caused by a drug habit. Goodluck

Stealing someones medication that they actually need? That is so fucking low man. Wow.. your own family, your own BROTHER. wow... I don't even know what to say, hope you get seriously injured and someone starts stealing your pain meds.

but my questions are:

Thanks a bunch guys
Love & Peace,
Ben

For all of the questions you asked nobody will really have a sure fire answer for. Best suggestion is stop insufflating d-mph, and see a doctor if it concerns you that much.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty positive d-mph is a DRI (Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor), like cocaine. I honestly find d-mph to be rather weak in regards of actually helping with my ADD. It reminds me of cocaine in the sense that within two hours (sometimes less) I practically need to take another dose, where-as d-amp supplies mental clarity for upwards to eight hours.

But overall, I would suggest to cease insufflating d-mph.

Stealing someones medication that they actually need? That is so fucking low man. Wow.. your own family, your own BROTHER. wow... I don't even know what to say, hope you get seriously injured and someone starts stealing your pain meds.
First of all, to your well thought out statement, I would say you should at least try to make intelligent analogies when insulting someone: Focalin is not a pain killer, it's a CNS stimulant (just like METH and COCAINE), that has been shoved down his throat by my parents for a minute, and he is/was not injured nor is medication the only answer to his problem(ad(h)d can be treated effectively without medication), as opiates are necessary to alleviate pain at least right after a bad enough injury.
Yeah, I already said that it was fucked up, but let's try to be mature here and look at it from a different perspective... this shit has been shown to decrease the ability to express creative ideas such as in writing stories or being artistic with originality, and negatively effects how your mind works when used even at therapeutic doses over long periods of time in children who start on it young. While your mind is still developing, stimulants, alcohol, and most other drugs (yes, even cannabis) have effects on the brain that negatively change how it develops, with any damage caused from said drugs being exponentially worse than it would be for a fully developed brain. Then you can consider that it causes many other issues including a BIG addiction(one he is forced to continue because the standards society has set say that stimulants are okay if you have add/adhd; my parents have bought into this lie and it's quite sad as they also, like many others who can't seem to open their eyes still believe society's lie that marijuana is the devil, ironically-smh). Anyways...
Who are you to judge me "pbuilder"? Since you're a member of a drug forum, one would think that you might be a little more opened minded than the average idiot... as Aristotle once said, "It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it."Why don't you just read what my so called "fuckin low" actions have resulted in, and you, as well as anyone else who might think that what I have done is 100% bad, might want to think twice. For example, his grades are better than ever this year, and got better in correlation with me taking larger amounts. His appetite finally shows itself when he doesn't take it, and he acts more like himself instead of being unnaturally quiet and distant-he's been on mostly daily dosages for 8 years now (from 6-14), starting at 15mg's and going slowly to 25mg just recently, and I can see what effect its had. His ability to write creatively with organization is non-existant, he has horrible temper-tantrums when he gets mad now(he was slow to anger as a younger child before he was prescribed focalin), following directions is something he does very rarely without having to be told multiple times, and he has random, sometimes daily bouts of depression which thankfully leave as quickly as they come; these are just few of the things I've witnessed, all remaining present even when he is off the medicine for an extended period of time(say a week-2 weeks when he has vacation from school) Perhaps, the worst result of this drug is that it has negatively effected his personality to the point where he's labeled as "different", "annoying", and "immature" at school (this last one reflecting what I believe to be delayed brain development due to receiving the drug at such an early age), all ending with him having just one person his age who could even be considered a friend. Ask yourself if that's a situation you would like to be in-he might never be able to live independently, and I believe it's partially because of this drug. Reducing the amount he gets is benefiting him as his actions and behavior have been showing recently, as well as supplying some recreational use to me-I'm helping him in a way, it just depends on your point of view. There's always two sides to a story...