Assignment writing essay on raves being spiritual gatherings... need users to relate!

TitaniumGirl

Greenlighter
I want to do a paper for my english class on how i strongly believe raves/massives can be a form of spiritual gatherings and healing. When I attend events such as Beyond Wonderland or Kandy Fest, i truly feel connected to something greater. We create one giant body of ocean moving to the waves of the music in unison and harmony. we become a part of something greater that goes beyond what we believe in. in that little time and space, we create true peace love unity and respect. everyone becomes a family. and i know im not the only one that feels this way. so please give me some insight on how you relate or feel or your own spiritual experience. i would really appreciate it. thank you

While I haven't or plan on experiencing a rave type event in such a manner (Im a festival goer, more along the lines of smaller scale Bonnaroo or Burning Man type events) I still find myself connect to almost everybody in these situations. Its one of the few situations where hippies like myself can find ourselves surrounded by like-minded individuals, in a community appearing almost out of nowhere bigger than some villages/towns Ive driven through.

I feel as though, this is what primitives or natives experienced in tribal aspects of life. The man-made music pulsating from one soul to another, and feeling the vibrations from each soul to the next one, move about as what comes to the ears is literally translated throughout the body. This must be what our species must have experienced several centuries/millennia ago around drum circles, having many a spiritual experience whether psychedelic-induced or not.

This I feel is the Tribal experience as a primal instinct, the steady equilibrium being sensed and shared from person to person, and the connection felt between the sharing of this moment of life, inevitably creates the appreciation for everyone around you and vice-versa.

Hey, sorry to bring this old thread back up, but my girlfriend actually wrote such a paper on Spiritual Gatherings and Psytrance festivals. She submitted it at ANU and was marked quite highly for it.
If you're interested I will try and convince to put it up.

I think this paper makes some interesting points. I realize the semester is over, and your paper was due long ago.

Still a good read.