• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Pong Beer: The new drink designed for beer pong

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
"Behold, Pong Beer," says Kim Bhasin at Business Insider. In case college kids don't have enough options for cheap swill, a brewing company has designed a beer exclusively for beer pong.

You know the game, where competitors loft ping-pong balls, preferably coated in the dust found under frat-house couches, into a pyramid of wide-mouth cups brimming with Keystone Light or Milwaukee's Best.

The company estimates that 50 percent of college students play beer pong, and that beer pong-related products have raked in $20 million in sales. Here, a guide to the latest in America's favorite drinking game:

How is Pong Beer different from other beers?
Pong Beer's principal distinction is the "Rack Pack," a 30-pack of beer that comes with two ping-pong balls for the "low, low price of free," says Nick Rallo at The Dallas Observer. Two 30-packs gets you a "Reload," a convenient package of 16-ounce cups and four ping-pong balls.

cont at
http://theweek.com/article/index/22...igned-for-beer-pong?google_editors_picks=true

Interesting.

The 7-11s and other convience stores around the university have been stocking "Pong Kits" for a while now, a 24 pack of cheap beer, a bag of Solo cups and ping pong balls.

Everyone I know that plays beer pong uses Pat's Blue Ribbons aka PBR.... Keystone sounds like a down south thing

Everyone I know that plays beer pong uses Pat's Blue Ribbons aka PBR.... Keystone sounds like a down south thing
Not to be a dick, but it's Pabst Blue Ribbon. Where I live in the north east, people use Bud Light, Keystone Light, Miller Lite, PBR, or whatever the gas station has on sale.

pbr is to be sipped slowly god damn it!
now keystone is def beer pong beer

I LOL at some dumbness using miller high life for beer pong.

That beer is super carbonated. Emesis from it is surely entertaining...

I remember playing beer pong with Natty ice, Beast (Milwaukee's best ice), or just really cheap beer when I was attending a university.

I once played it with Yuengling lager but that's all we had but I frequently drink that beer. I was looking up Milwaukee's best ice on wikipedia and it actually won awards and was entered into beer contests which I found funny and strange. I didn't know people drank it for the taste? I thought they just drank it to get trashed? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milwaukee's_Best#Awards

I don't see the "Pong beer" brand working since people just buy a case of really cheap beer and buy a pack of pingpong balls and plastic cups all at once or they just have that stuff. Like NeighborhoodThreat wrote a lot of beer stores near colleges and universities will just sell ping pong balls and plastic cups or stock them since they know people are going to buy them.

I prefer competitive IV drug injection competitions instead of beer pong.

And before you anti-IV drug users are going to jump all over me, I'm clearly joking. Beer pong is just that; a competitive ORAL drug INGESTION competition... and quite a dull one at that.

So if anyone wants to see how many IV's I can do in an hour vs. you, then let me know. ;) ;) =D

Beer pong is for idiotic underage folks anyhow. Shame they market alcohol to children still. But we live in a shameful society.

I prefer competitive IV drug injection competitions instead of beer pong.

And before you anti-IV drug users are going to jump all over me, I'm clearly joking. Beer pong is just that; a competitive ORAL drug INGESTION competition... and quite a dull one at that.

So if anyone wants to see how many IV's I can do in an hour vs. you, then let me know. ;) ;) =D

its on like donkey kong
you bring the drugs ill bring the needles and cotton
deal?>

Not me. But I would have an acid-eating contest with you!
(TBH, I am a lightweight, but I could probably take 4-5 tabs of normal strength acid if I were really trying. At that point, no matter how many you take, I think we would both be winners! At least to me.)

And I could probably drink more coffee than many people, when I am training. My personal best is 7 cups in a day.

I wonder what percentage of ping pong ball sales are for ping pong and what are for beer pong.

actually filling up cups with beer and drinking them is disgusting

all cups with water and drink at your own pace is how i like to play

chugging with friends was fun when i was 15 years old though

Beer pong is just that; a competitive ORAL drug INGESTION competition... and quite a dull one at that.

Never thought about it like that, but you sir, have a great point.

I wonder what percentage of ping pong ball sales are for ping pong and what are for beer pong.

30/70... I'm kidding but that might be a decent guess. So many balls get lost and destroyed at parties, whereas, if you're actually playing ping pong sober it's pretty easy to keep track of balls.

We always used to/sometimes still do play that game with the bean bags and you try and get them in the hole of the slanted piece of wood...ya guys know what im talking about?

its not really a drinking game, but we always have/had it out when having parties and getting drunk...

Beer pong is just that; a competitive ORAL drug INGESTION competition... and quite a dull one at that.

Drinking isn't part of the actual competition though. It's part of the game, but you're not competing over who can drink more or drink the quickest or anything like that. If you're really good, and have a partner that's really good, you could play several games with only having to drink a couple of cups (I think we played 1 beer = 3 cups)

Drinking isn't part of the actual competition though. It's part of the game, but you're not competing over who can drink more or drink the quickest or anything like that. If you're really good, and have a partner that's really good, you could play several games with only having to drink a couple of cups (I think we played 1 beer = 3 cups)

I agree. The goal is to get other people shifted.

I still drink anyway. LOL