• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Nevada Bans (Unspecified) "Bath Salts"

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
"CARSON CITY -- Nevada legislators unanimously approved a regulation Wednesday that makes it felony to sell or possess methamphetaminelike synthetic drugs sold in some head shops and convenience stores as "bath salts." The regulation does not prohibit the sale or use of legitimate bath salts, or lotions or soaps designed to provide soothing baths, but bans chemical substances that are used to get high, but are referred to by users as bath salts."

Full Story: http://www.lvrj.com/news/legislators-make-sale-or-possession-of-bath-salts-a-felony-139390308.html

I've read every fucking story on Google News about NV's ban of bath salts, which went into effect today. Not a single one defines "bath salt" by naming the drugs included in the ban. If anyone can point me to a list of specific substances, that'd be dandy :)

during a legislative hearing in january, a drug counselor said the illicit drugs can make users ... Go literally out of their minds.
...bwahahahahaha

I call bullshit on this. In any case, it's impossible to tell, as the Nevada legislature isn't even in session.

They can outlaw synthetic cannabinoids in one fell swoop by simply adding the words "any synthetic cannabinoid that is not approved as a pharmaceutical" to schedule 1 (as S. Dakota just did). However, there's no similarly easy way to ban all stimulants. The cops will probably bust any retail sale of anything that purports itself as a legal high. Mail order will probably continue to be less regulated, and frankly who cares about mail and internet shit? Nobody is fighting bloody turf wars over online traffic.

What about PLANT FOOD, or SHOE DEODORIZER, or JEWELRY CLEANER etc

during a legislative hearing in january, a drug counselor said the illicit drugs can make users ... Go literally out of their minds.

The illicit drugs allegedly cause sensations of 'high' feeling in users. Many experience urges to 'wire' or redose, resulting in a vicious cyle of 'tweak fiending'.