• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Electric cigarette explodes in Pensacola man's mouth

Bluelight Crew
Fire officials say an electric cigarette exploded in a Florida man's mouth, severely burning his face and knocking out some of his front teeth.

North Bay Fire Department Division Chief Joseph Parker says it appears the cigarette's battery exploded while the man was smoking Monday night. Parker likened it to a bottle rocket going off in the man's mouth. He also lost part of his tongue.

Parker says the man had been using electric cigarettes to help him quit smoking.

Authorities don't know what model cigarette it was.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/02/15/2642923/electric-cigarette-explodes-in.html#storylink=cpy

The risk of this happening is slim to none as long as the battery isn't damaged, the chance of getting cancer or other diseases from smoking outweights it by far.
You wouldn't trash your mobile because of the risk of an exploding accumulator either, would ya?
I use my Ego-T on a daily basis since November '11 and am a non-smoker since then. Fruit-liquids taste way better than tobacco anyways.
Been thinking about the possibility of an explosion though, if i'd hear a hizzling-sound while using it i'd probably instantly throw it away as far is i could.
Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

Did they release the brand of cigarette anywhere else? I can't find a mention in the article.

I smoke Apollo brand electronic smokes; Now every time I take a puff I'll be nervous, hehe.

They're chinese and since they started there, they're not getting out. I wouldn't trust one of these in a million years, even if I did smoke.

As long as you spend some decent money on a nice one and don't buy a $2 chong-shop cheepy you'll be fine.