• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drug of Choice: 400 million daily dose for coffee nation

I do love a good cup of coffee. Goes great with my daily opioid dose

Coffee is my favorite legal drug, in terms of the effects it gives me.
When I am not used to it, and drink a cup, everything in the world becomes "right".
But I hate that it wants me to drink a cup the next day, too, and the day after that, or else I will feel slow and tired and my head may ache.
If I do, the wonderful high only is repeatable about 3-4 times, and then I feel simply normal after drinking a cup. So I drink 2. And coffee, the Queen, calls my bluff, and soon I need 2 cups to get normal. On and on it goes.
She is a beautiful but deceptive queen.

oh i remember the ole caffeine/opiod combo from back in the day..felt great..lol

i recently gave up caffeine and actually had fucking withdrawals from the stuff..i had pretty bad headaches, joint pains(im not kidding) and i was dead tired for 4-5 days but now i feel so much better without it in me..im so much calmer, my energy levels are steady unlike the rollercoaster after caffeine..i wish i had given up caffeine years ago..

everybody i know drinks coffee i really dont ike it but everyone tells me i would. I dunno. i am addicted to caffiene tho to the point to where it has no effect unless i drink a 5 hour energy extra but that has more than just 1 cup of coffee and other additionals.

Bluelight? should i change my route of administration for caffeine through the use of coffee?

Well, coffee has many antioxidants - it was recently named the number one source of antioxidants in the American diet (not because it is the most powerful food, but because Americans drink so much of it).
So, in many ways, it is very good for you.
But energy drinks may have no antioxidants, and probably have lots of weird stuff in them.
Personally, considering my health, I would much much rather drink coffee!

I was completely dependent on caffeine from the fourth grade until a couple of months ago.

I had developed debilitating migraines after I got my glasses and a mild concussion. Then I started drinking coffee, and they went away.

But I couldn't miss a dose. The withdrawal headache would always kickstart a real migraine. I kept--and continue to keep--Excedrin in my wallet at all times.

It was a challenge to keep such an addiction going when I traveled to Spain in high school. Sure, coffee and coca-cola are everywhere (especially the coca-cola), but being a timid teenage traveler with a language barrier made getting anything difficult. The family I stayed with was shocked that I drank my coffee black.

But when I was about to start college, I figured that my caffeine addiction would just get worse. I hadn't had So, I tapered off over a week. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Now, caffeine is back to where it should be--an occasional performance enhancer. It's great for studying and working out, but I can't be on it as constantly as I was.

Look at me, telling stories about caffeine like it's some horribly addicting drug. It pales in comparison to what I've read about here.

I've personally never had negative effects from any form of caffeine. I've taken it in all forms all the way up to doses of 500mg as well. I can go on streaks where I drink 64 oz of coffee a day to 0 cups for days and days with out any sort of negative side-effect. Honestly I don't really notice much from caffeine besides it's slight boosting ability with opioids, and it's ability to increase dream recall/vividness. When i was younger and exploring legal substances that increase dream vividness I'd take hundreds of mgs of caffeine 15 mins before bed with out any difficulty falling asleep.

Anyone working at an office can see the coffee addicts in the morning all together by the coffee machine getting ready for their fix.

I used to think caffeine was a pretty lame drug, but you do learn to appreciate it… now love the stuff and savour a decent cup of coffee!

I didn't like coffee for years but then as a teenager I would sometimes drink a mocha. Then when I was in college and studying, writing papers, and large quantities of black tea were not helping with hangovers and getting up after going out to bars and drinking lots of booze all night and doing this daily I started to drink coffee and espresso daily as well as still drinking tea.

Nowadays I drink 1-2 cups of caffeinenated coffee in a day and about one cup of decaf or decaf and caffeinated coffee mixed together if it's not too late. I also drink 2-3 cups of black tea or green tea in a day sometimes caffeinated and decaf if it's at night. When I was into opiates I never drank coffee on them when I occasionally took pharm ones in low doses, but I enjoyed smoking herb while drinking coffee.

I also have various ways to make coffee from a coffee pot that you put a filter into that makes multiple cups, a single cup filter, an electric coffee maker I use when I have guests over, a French press, a stovetop espresso maker or moka pot, and a not too expensive espresso maker that is the type you put ground coffee beans into and I have a coffee grinder as well.

Last edited:
I drink tea which has a very small amount of caffeine in it, which i absolutely love in the morning or late at night.

But i was never able to develop a habit for coffee, i would drink it but then i would feel extreme fatigue and headaches the next day if i didn't continue. I still enjoy it on occasion, especially a well-made coffee from a cafe with breakfast.

^ There are a lot of myths out there about caffeine content of drinks.
Simple comparison:
Black tea has around half of the caffeine of coffee. 60 mg vs. 100 or so
(I am talking normal brewed coffee - not instant - that you make at home, or in a coffee shop, but Starbucks is at least double!)
Green tea has half the caffeine of black tea. 30 mg vs. 60