• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Brad Pitt suffered from depression because he smoked too much marijuana

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
Brad Pitt, nominated earlier this week for an Oscar, has admitted that he suffered from depression after he smoked too much marijuana.

Pitt, star of Moneyball, for which is nominated for Best Actor Oscar, said he got "really sick" of himself in the 1990s, when he was smoking too much marijuana.

"I was hiding out from the celebrity thing, I was smoking way too much dope, I was sitting on the couch and just turning into a doughnut and I really got irritated with myself," he told The Hollywood Reporter.

"I got to; 'what's the point? I know better than this'."

cont at
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...ion-because-he-smoked-too-much-marijuana.html

Notice how the quote from Brad Pitt in the article never implies that the weed caused his depression.
It includes it in a list of behaviors that may have been the result of depression, or linked to the depression, but he never says "I got depressed because I smoked too much weed." Yet the title says so...

I hope someone writes a letter to the editor on that because weed smokers are getting thrown under the bus lately. Stupid Demi, now Stupid Brad.

If a third celeb comes out before the election with a dire emergency from ANYTHING cannabis related, I and possibly others are going to know it's politics and that celebs are nothing more than meat puppets.

Our culture is completely full of dogshit nonsense.

But not many people care, do they?

Wow, anger.. He abused marijuana. That doesn't mean everybody who uses marijuana abuses it. You could do the same thing with hot dogs and probably get depressed.

Sure it's silly. You would never see "Brad Pitt suffered from depression because he ate too many hot dogs". But when have you ever seen the media write sensible articles on insensible topics?

What they didn't mention was that he got depressed while watching his own movies when he was high, and saw just how fucking lame they were.

What they didn't mention was several bowls later, they STILL looked lame.

In other news, Brad Pitt can walk into any room on the planet and immediately have sex with all of the women there.

Notice how the quote from Brad Pitt in the article never implies that the weed caused his depression.
It includes it in a list of behaviors that may have been the result of depression, or linked to the depression, but he never says "I got depressed because I smoked too much weed." Yet the title says so...

As Midnite says, do not listen to propaganda.

As Midnite says, do not listen to propaganda.

Exactly.
Also, it is ALL propaganda.
I get upset because my parents and many others I know in their generation believe anything and everything in print. My mom and dad, both otherwise intelligent people, both believe what they read in the Inquirer. They both believe everything Bill OReilly says.
The media is manipulated. I don't know who has that sort of power. I can't imagine what is really going on anywhere. All I know for sure is that I do NOT know what is really going on, anywhere, EVER.
As a result, I don't believe anything I read. I don't watch television. I don't listen to the radio. If something happens, I won't know about it.
But if something happens I won't know what REALLY happened anyway, so I'm not going to waste my energy pretending anything in popular/main stream media has worth to me.

I read textbooks and those are wrong so often, you'd be shocked.

Brad Pitt's looks are generic at best, imo. I can't comment on his movies because I don't like anything he is in. Same with his old lady. They are mediocrity itself. That's why they adopt children from all over...neither Brad nor Angelina have enough internal confidence to live with just themselves. They have to acquire self worth and confidence externally and they always have to be searching for their next reason to live.

I apologize if I just harshed on your favorite movie star. Nothing personal to any BLer. (I'm sure those two deadbolts have never heard of BL anyway.):|

filthy lucre.
Has it made Brad happy?
Apparently not.

thats what i thought. From what I kind tell he just kinda became a pot head and then got bored with it. which isnt that what happens to alot of pot heads?

Welcome to BL, Alex007. Thank you for your offer. You are making friends quickly here, I bet.

You can make me happy by making yourself happy.

peace.

What they didn't mention was that he got depressed while watching his own movies when he was high, and saw just how fucking lame they were.

Hahaha I saw the movie Marley and Me with a friend tonight and I told her that Jennifer Aniston apparently smokes a lot of pot as well as cigs, and I wondered if she and Owen Wilson smoked at all before filming or off set?

I also told my friend that Brad Pitt said how when Thelma and Louise was being filmed he'd show up baked as fuck and it was like his character with the honey bear bong in True Romance.

Well besides Kalifornia, seven, fightclub and snatch i can't think of any good movies he was in until Inglorious Bastards. Maybe that's what made him so depressed putting out all those stupid movies for awile.

He never said weed made him depressed but this article just says he was depressed cause of weed. Couldn't have been from laying around the house pissed off with himself could it now? Granted since he could bang any woman in the world i can't understand what he would be depressed about. Most guy's would give atleast their left nut to be in his position :\

Moneyball is fantastic. Also, is nobody a fan of Babel? Twelve Monkeys?

If it can cause schizophrenia then the possibility of it causing depression should not come as a surprise.

Is this not like saying "If it causes diabetes, it probably causes cancer"? The etiologies for depression and schizophrenia are vastly different.