• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Kourtney and Kim Take New York

captainballs

Bluelighter
This should really be called the Scott Disick show. I like how he will wear a suit, keep the shirt unbuttoned, and wear no socks with loafers. I like his whole sense of style. His sense of humor is so sarcastic, I can totally see why Kourtney is into him.

Scott-Disickc1.jpg

wenn3036916.jpg

Whenever I see him now, I can only think of the hilarious comment by Bret Easton Ellis that Scott Disick is the only guy he'd ever want to play Patrick Bateman in an American Psycho remake.

It's so funny that Bret said that, because I think Scott Disick is the embodiment of the shallowness that American Psycho portrays. But it's a healthy, ironic shallowness - I'm not sure how convincing Disick would be while trying to be angry and conflicted about inner demons.

Has anyone noticed how terrible the music is on this show?

It is like these really sparsely but expensively produced rap beats that open up every chapter. As a really big fan of all manner of rap and hip hop, I find this music offensive. If Diddy was in the studio and someone played him these tracks, he would be shaking his head - they are so elementary and outlandish that I can't help but think about giant elephants an trumpets when they come on. Who is this music supposed to appeal to?

Who is this whole show supposed to appeal to?

I haven't figured that out yet, but my theory is that it is 100% a medium to generate sales for advertising partners. While I can't relate to any of the characters, and I'm not sure whether or not they are being serious, the fact that I want to be like Scott Disick makes me think that each one of the characters represents an ideal that a different target market aspires to. The girls are nuanced in their tastes, and their skin color casts a wide net that covers a lot of different markets.

What about the Jon Edward episode? I thought his career was over after South Park. It makes me feel like this is the anti-South Park in many ways. Like somehow each show needs the other in some inexplicable way.

I saw the Jon Edward episode. That guy has to be the best con artist I've ever seen.

Lol I just thought of Jon Edward inspired pick up lines.

"I'm seeing the missionary position....something about the missionary position? Ring any bells? Your grandmother is very certain you are going to be in the missionary position in the near future. She wants you to know she loves you and you did a good job."

I'm sensing someone in the audience, someone who hasn't had sex in a long time. Okay, it's a woman. Over in this section? No, this section. Ah. Someone who would settle for anything right now. Right here, right now.

Haha Ive only seen this show a couple of times when I was in croatia, (it was the only english channel we had in the place we were staying). That guy made it amusing simply because he was such a wanker in a funny way. Other than that, total fucking garbage.