• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc GHB aches and pains

CrimpJiggler

Bluelighter
I just took some GHB and remember why I was planning on quitting it tonight. Not only does this substance give me no recreational effects, it does the opposite. It gives me horrific aches and pains. Right now my legs are killing me. Sometimes its my head, sometimes my arms, sometimes my ass cheeks that hurt, now its my legs for some reason. Whenever I take GHB, I end up with severe aches in one or more parts of the body. Anyone else here get this? If so, how do you cure the pain? Codeine works well but it seems to greatly amplify the effects of the GHB which makes it easier to overdose. NSAIDs seem to work but not very well. Nowhere near as well as opioids.

What are the recreational qualities of GHB? Similar to alcohol?

What are the recreational qualities of GHB? Similar to alcohol?

Yeah. I've only used GBL which is a prodrug for GHB. I find it a lot more euphoric, and clean than alchohol. It's pretty short acting too, and made me super horny.

Mixing opiates and any other CNS depressant is incredibly dangerous, a fuckload of people die because of this. Especially be weary when mixing methadone with benzos and other sedatives.

I don't have a direct answer to your question but some anecdotal info for you.
I do get the recreational effects & have experimented with GHB quite thoroughly in the form of Xyrem.
I also have a similar issue to you however upon usage.
I'd say 75% of the time or more I get severe leg pain when dosing GHB.
I'll admit I usually dosed relatively high & repeated dosages.

Regardless I have no idea as to why the pain occurs.
In my case it was always the legs but I've been unable to locate any literature explaining as to why this occurs.

Sorry that I can't give you a more thorough answer but yes there are others that share that side effect.