• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I take Opiates for pleasure & pain & I'm REALLY strung out. Need some wisodom please.

doppelganga196

Bluelighter
I take Opiates for pleasure & pain & I'm REALLY strung out. Need some wisodom please.

Okay, I'm prescribed opiates, codeine, dihydrocodeine, & tramadol, for pain from a cyst & what's called "costochondritis" - very bad chest pain.

Normally i take 150/210 mg codeine for pain & up to 360 mg on occasion pleasure, relaxation & anti depression.

Long story short over the past 4 days i've been averaging 1 gram of codeine per day & i'm strung the fuck out. I've been taking doses every 3 to 6 hours.

So i have been prescribed dihydrocodeine 60 mg prolonged release tabs a few years ago. Next week i'm seeing my doc to ask to be put back on those. Since wednesday when i got my last script of 100 30/500 co codamol the addiction is making me think i need more than i do & tolerance is playing a major factor too. The codeine works but doesnt last long enough simple as.

I've written up a taper plan that goes thus: 300 mg then 240 then 210 (my last dose 15 mins ago) then 180 150 120 120 120 90 90 60 60 30 30 then jump off & take loperamide & use a little benzodiazepine as needed. I've taken the last of my oxazepam overnight (30mg) & i have a blue 10 mg diazepam to use for emergency. Ideally 5 mg per dose.

Then next week i should be getting some DHC 60 mg & 28 10 mg diazepam, even though i'm preferring oxazepam in 30 - 60 mg doses these days, but diazepam will be easier for me to get soon as my doc will only give me oxazepam now & my last script was on wednesday for sixteen (16) 10 mg tabs, but diazepam i can get pretty quick & easy.

I'll get some loperamide & i have some electrolyte rehydration sachets to help me too.

I suppose i have it pretty figured out but i'm gonna run out on monday by my calculations & i likely wont be able to get anymore painkillers until tuesday maybe later as i'm working monday, tuesday, wednesday 7am til 3pm & i'll have to take a day off work to make a doctors appointment.

Anybody think maybe i should come clean with my doctor about this & see what kind of help he can give me? Seriously. Or will that, okay it obviously will, fuck up my pain treatment & i'll get cut off? Maybe he'll help me taper somehow, put me on a maintainence, like low dose buprenoprhine or something. I mean i am taking a gram of codeine a day at the moment. Maybe he'll give me some benzos to help get through the wd's & then stick me on shitty pain meds like naproxenm, which doesnt do a goddamn thing??

Could really use some wisdom here bluelighters. Thanks in advance.

My opinion is get help as you are planning on taking more opiates which makes me think you will find it impossible to get under control on your own. You won't stop abusing it if you continue to take them. That is my opinion.

Low dose of buprenorphine would be good for maintenance, but I think it would have to be real low dose to work consistently for pain. The buprenorphine in the painkiller tamegisic has .2 mg bupe. That might be enough for you though as you're habit fortunately, isn't really that big, though I'm not in anyway saying that what you're going through doesn't suck.

The thing is, that you really have to think about whether you want to get off opiates, and why. If you're dead serious about quitting for good, than maybey try the suboxone or subutex out and do a taper with that.Otherwise, you might want to just try to stick to that taper you set up for yourself until you can get the DHC. I just say this because if you out yourself to your doctor, and he stops prescribing painkillers legitimately, there's a good possibility you'll end up buying pills or dope off the street instead. I'm not trying to say to keep staying addicted, but quitting opiates is hard that's all, and right now, you're at least in a position where you are legitimately getting them. When your buying them off the street, it becomes a lot harder and more dangerous,