• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom (Mega)Thread v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Vein Thai

I ordered 1 oz of some Red Vein Thai Kratom. I really don't know a thing about kratom but have read some experiences and I am going to try it.

I was wondering how you injest it? The picture from my order made it look like powder.
Will it work with Suboxone?
Is Kratom an opiod?

Thanks for help

Yeah, NMDA antagonists like Magnesium and Zinc potentiate Kratom, so I'm sure low dose MXE must as well.

Oh that's good to know about the other 2. Does that mean mag & zinc would raise MXE tolerance?

I've been wondering about that, if they raise MXE, DXM, or Ketamine tolerance. From what I gathered in ADD, Magnesium and Zinc antagonize NMDA in a voltage-dependent manner, meaning they just prevent the extra Calcium influx, not getting you high but preventing neurotoxicity from amps and tolerance to amps/opioids.

I was wondering, if you use Mg and Zn to block the NMDA receptors, and use just a tiny bit of DXM or MXE, are the effects additive? I mean that if 30mg of DXM doesn't affect cognition, will it get you high if you use voltage-dependent NMDA antagonists along with it?

Here's the post from the Amp Neurotoxicity/Tolerance thread in ADD:
DXM blocks the NMDAR in a voltage independent fashion. Magnesium blocks the NMDAR in a voltage dependent fashion.
The implication of this is that when magnesium is present, normal cell signaling is preserved, whereas with DXM obviously it is not. So, magnesium will prevent excess Ca++ influx while preserving cognition, whereas DXM will not preserve cognition but block Ca++ influx more effectively.

I just made a post in ADD regarding this matter. I completely forgot that Mg and Zn prevent neurotoxicity from amps (AND opioids?) and tolerance to.

Solid info.

Does anyone else get a croaky/hoarse voice while using Kratom? Wonder why is that?

Opioids cause a deep and hoarse voice. Also, the stimulant and diuretic properties of Kratom can cause dehydration and a sore throat, so stay hydrated.

so i bought some kratom to see if it would be useful as maintenance/craving/wd fighting. i got 25g of dried shredded leaves, simmered for 15min in 500ml water, strained, simmered again for 15min in 500ml, strained, mixed the two together, drank half. it's an hour in, i had a line of mxe about 2 hours ago, i don't really feel much except body aching wd gone, is this it?

yeah if you've got any tolerance to opiates, kratom most likely wont be felt, just relief from your W/D.

Has anyone tried cayenne to potentiate or help absorption? I take cayenne daily but never thought to combine with kratom, so I googled it and another forum has someone claiming cayenne helps with absorption. I tried 1 tsp each of cayenne and kratom but I can't tell any difference. However, my stomach was also full, so I need to experiment more.

I've never heard of cayenne for potentiation. The most common ones are CYP2D6 inhibitors, like cimetidine, white GFJ, black pepper, DXM, diphenhydramine, doxylamine, hydroxyzine, etc.

I would not get in to the habits of using potentiators, though, as they all have side effects of their own, and all they do is raise your tolerance to the drug in question (in this case, Kratom) by keeping the drug in your bloodstream at a higher plasma concentration, and by reducing the rate of elimination.

This equals to higher amounts of a given drug, and longer time for that drug to be in your bloodstream and have effects before hepatic elimination. Both of these raise tolerance, and you'll soon be dependent on using potentiators to reach your level of high.

i simmer down'd (bobmarleyyo)the other 500ml to try and make it palatable for today and that was even more nasty than yesterday, sip and wretch "NOPE" how do people use this often? my kratom experience 0/10

I found caps to be a waste of good Kratom. I always put it in a shaker and drink it, or, if i'm on good mood, i'm taking it pure from a spoon and pour it down with some water - immediately followed by tons of water ;) There are more nasty tastin' things like kratom.

Try Maca and you know what i mean!

Definitely don't cook or brew it into tea. Just down it with a drink. Tastes awful, but it definitely works.

I tried a strain called gold standard the other day (first time using opiates in about a year, first time with kratom for a few). It was very nice.

I can see how one wouldnt like caps because of the longer onset, and probably less absorption, but they're very convenient. Parachuting is my "ROA" after a while of practice you can get down 3g parachutes (I dont recommend trying it right off the bat) and only have to do 1 or 2 of those to get your dose. Tea is my second choice because of the faster onset but i never boil it. I've actually found that microwaving water until almost boiling to work just fine. I leave the kratom out of the microwave so im not risking damage to alkaloids.

I've never heard of cayenne for potentiation. The most common ones are CYP2D6 inhibitors, like cimetidine, white GFJ, black pepper, DXM, diphenhydramine, doxylamine, hydroxyzine, etc.

I would not get in to the habits of using potentiators, though, as they all have side effects of their own, and all they do is raise your tolerance to the drug in question (in this case, Kratom) by keeping the drug in your bloodstream at a higher plasma concentration, and by reducing the rate of elimination.

This equals to higher amounts of a given drug, and longer time for that drug to be in your bloodstream and have effects before hepatic elimination. Both of these raise tolerance, and you'll soon be dependent on using potentiators to reach your level of high.

Touche, sir. I agree thoroughly. I've tried nearly all of what you listed, to the extent I'm probably taking too much benadryl these days. I find this particular combo (kratom+diph) to be different than simply taking more kratom. With plain bali (always toss/wash), it feels more sedating and euphoric, but this could be due to the anxiolytic/antidepressant effect I get from benadryl on its own. Increasing my dosage of kratom by itself almost feels counterproductive, as if there is a ceiling at some point. I always keep dosage under about 8 grams kratom, but I'm experimenting with other combos because I want to stop the diph use (taking ~150-200 mg per day, spaced in 2 doses, for anxiety/depression). Like I said, I take 1 rounded tsp cayenne every night, but never combined with kratom until last night. I was hoping for a different effect than what a larger dose of kratom would provide. I think it was more stimulating and I felt better than usual upon waking. I'd say the difference, if real, was mild so I'll try some more and report back.

Another thing I'm curious about is combining with mucuna pruriens extract. I couldn't find much on this other than making sure to take with a decarboxylase and COMT inhibitor, which some say EGCG qualifies as. Others say to simply stay away from any form of l-dopa unless you have parkinson's disease or want to mess up your DA sensitivity and risk perpetual anhedonia. I'm exaggerating a bit, but such statements scare me into not taking the small stash I saved in my refrigerator for nearly a year, lol. It was advertised as 99% l-dopa from mucuna pruriens and I got it on ebay. Yes, really. I'm that stupid I guess, but only tried a few hundred mg one time and I don't recall noticing anything. I'm in such a slump in my life to the point I'm just gonna say fuck it and give it a try, both with and without kratom, unless someone can offer some advise as to why I shouldn't. Saying "too much peripheral DA won't do you any good" isn't enough of an argument for me. If there is risk of organ/tissue damage, I've yet to find anything establishing this, other than speculation, so far. I wouldn't advise making a habit of most psychoactive substances, but in my state of mind I'd take something like this occasionally, if effective.

Someone please enlighten me? I'm sick and tired of hating life but don't want to try any more antidepressants. And yes, I've been seeing my doctor and mental health professionals, but we haven't figured out what is wrong with me yet. Depression, anxiety, and BPD were suggested at some point, but nothing diagnosed yet.

I wanted to share some of my thoughts with the whole dose-dependent stimulating vs. sedating aspect of kratom. I use kratom in capsules. I had a minor opioid tolerance (~25 mg hydrocodone) from prior use, but I did not have a habit before I used kratom.

Like others, I have found that low doses (1.5-2.5g) have a primarily stimulating character to the high, regardless of the type of leaf used. This is a very effective level for catching a light opioid buzz while also feeling a nice (~2 cups of coffee) stimulating effect. Great for working, great for relaxing in bed and listening to music.

I have also explored higher doses (4g-11g) a few times, expecting a sedating effect. I felt that the stimulation at this level was almost too much to handle -- even though I was pretty sedated, I couldn't stop talking and sleep was impossible. I've felt insomnia for at least 4 hours post-dose from as little as 3g kratom.

In fact, I've found that when using kratom for sleep it's better to aim lower than higher. Even minidoses (0.5-1.0g) can be highly effective for sleep. At low doses, kratom makes the transition to sleep seamless. It's a very pleasant feeling.

I think there may be some validity to the claims that lower doses are relaxing and higher doses stimulating. I can't really call kratom a sedating herb without a lot of stipulations, especially not in higher doses.

Status
Not open for further replies.