• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc FDA bans Piracetam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a link to this article or a news release from the FDA?

I'd like to know this also.

If true, it must be very recently... I had no problems picking up a tub each of Piracetam / Choline Citrate 4 or so months ago.

Edit: Not to be a dick, but as for future advice, it'd save you and everyone else some trouble by trying to either make the thread title more relevant (i.e. portray uncertainty) or provide a source / more content in the OP.

This is actually a rumor, and I've heard it before (back in like 2010).

It's nothing, more than likely it started from someone who either is so skeptical about piracetam, that they figured they could get others to stop taking it with this. I'm honestly not sure where the rumor started or how, and the prior statement is a mere speculation.

I ordered some piracetam, from smartdrugsforthought.com, just last week and received it with absolutely no problems. I'm thinking maybe Piracetam isn't "Approved" by the FDA and that's what has got people saying that it is banned.

If you look on the side of almost every supplement bottle you will see "This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA, this product does not cure or prevent diseases" blah blah blah. So I'm guessing someone figured when they heard that Piracetam wasn't approved (again an assumption/speculation of mine) that it was banned and thought "I MUST TELL ALL!!!!"

lol some people will believe anything.

Yeah some guy on here said that it was banned, but I'm starting to think it is definitely a hoax to scare people. :|

forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=301

Last edited:
For future reference, this type of thing is very easy to research... You can literally type most any drug's name into Wikipedia and read it's legal status right there.

This guy was saying it was banned and the only piracetam left is what you see online and to me I think he was just full of it. Thank you for the support guys! %)

Status
Not open for further replies.