Regional Club Links

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
I thought of posting this in Social, but figured it would get moved here anyway. I also thought of trying it in SE, but am seeking a consensus okey-dokey before experimenting.
I've been kicking around the idea of a Club Link thread for each region, or better, for each state (in the US). To help out the travellers who are looking for places to hang out. Granted this is subject to clubs opening and closing and changing names. But such a thing should be easy to build.
I'd expect guidelines like:
1. Post the link of the club and a brief description of dress code, openness to glowsticks and other 'paraphenalia', top residents to look for' and maybe give a general impression.
2. No weekly specials as it would make the list too long. Let the linked website take care of that and cover charges and what music is on what nights.
3. No screaming about big name DJs or special events at a club. Start a regular thread for that, or let the linked website take care of it.
I'm just looking for a 'yellow pages' of clubs so that in going to a town or city, people can find what places are available, rather than our current method of saying 'Hey, I'll be in CITY from DATE to DATE and need club info'. Then again, a help me thread like that may encourage people to meet up with the traveller, wheras my link thread wouldn't.
A FAQ would be too static, and too big. I'd say a thread in each region, cleaned periodically by mods (to add/delete club info and weed out idiot remarks). Just a thought, asking for feedback.
Oh, afterthought, perhaps something similar in the MUSIC forum for a list of links to producers, labels, promoters, etc, so that people can check on where to submit their music for publication. Additionally, we could check there for promoters or labels and see where their artists are playing and when, perhaps aiding up and coming BL DJs to get into a show coming to their area.
------------------
Don't accept life for what it is, make it what you want it to be. Your only limits are the ones you place upon yourself.

Yeah ditto great bloody idea, I'm forever being asked what clubs etc are in my town and how much they cost etc.

This is all coming very soon with BLex.
Reed - check your mail :p
------------------
"Ain't Nobody's Business If You Do"
http://www.mcwilliams.com/books/books/aint/toc.htm