• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Concerta 54mg

OnCloud9

Bluelighter
Can I handle a concerta 54 mg with rather low tolerance? Is there a risk it might cause rapid heart rate?

Usually I take about 10 mg of adderall when I study. I also once took a 40 mg Vyvanse but my tolerance was higher then.

Thanks

You would likely be significantly stimulated, but methylphenidate has a relatively safe cardiac profile compared to amphetamines and I have plenty of acquaintances who, with no tolerance, began on 72mg Concerta (2x 36mg caps in the morning). If you feel uncomfortable whilst doing it, or if you have a small figure, you may want to reconsider.

~ vaya

Vaya is right on point, bear in mind that Concerta has a pretty long-lasting XR mechanism and the stimulation should be pretty smooth and long-lasting.

Just remember to eat and stay hydrated. :)

i also have a pretty low tolerance, i took a 54mg concerta orally and hardly felt anything just a little focused, i had another on left which i took the next day but removed the maroon outer shell which is the time release you are then left with a pink white and gray pill, split it in two and discard the gray section (also time release) you are then only left with the drug and nothing else, i then gummed about 1/3 of the white section and it helped me study for about 3 hours before i came down so i finished the rest of the pill that night in two more doses which i also gummed worked pretty well

-also the outer shell contains a small dose of the med so don't discard it i removed mine by dissolving it in water which i then drank)

i used to just bit it into a few small peices and take it all if i wanted the whole dose at once.

i also would dissolve the outer layer and drink it then bite off the end thats white into small peices and swallow that then throw the grey part away. if i didnt have water i just sucked the coating and that worked well also. i never liked methylphenidate. it gave me too many side effects and didnt last long enough

Concerta is for stimnovices. Just saying you'd be better off spending your money on far better stimulants.