• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos do benzos cause tooth decay?

acid_staind

Bluelighter
hello fellow bluelighter's,

i've looked around a bit and haven't been able to find any info on this. so i'd like to hear personal experiences on if anyone here has ever gotten any tooth problems from sublingual benzo use?

i've been using benzos for 3 years. at my worst i was mixing clonazepam and alprazolam, 10-14mgs total, 4 days a week. always sublingual. that went on for about 10 months. after finally realizing i could no longer keep that lifestyle up i dropped the alprazolam and tapered down to 2mgs of clonazepam. which is what i currently take , usually once a week. except for those times when i need some extra opiate potentiation, but that's not very often.

i noticed 8-10 months ago i had a tiny chip on the inside of my bottom left front tooth. and now a few days ago i noticed another chip on the inside of a different bottom tooth but on the right side.

has this ever happened to anyone else, or happened to anyone you know? i highly suspect this is from the benzos as i brush and floss daily and am only 31 years of age.

i made this thread because if there are wide spread reports of people having similar problems then i think the word needs to be out that sublingual use of benzos is bad for your teeth...if that happens to be the case.

thanks for reading and any replies.

cheers!!

Yea its same with suboxone letting pill disolve sublingualy seems to cause tooth decay. Fentynal too

Yepper, after using and still using valium for over 40 years
your teeth will suffer.
And after 40 years im on a standing script.
Dont EVER TRY TO WITHDRAWL without Dr. supervision.
It could kill anyone!