• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe how many days after stopping til you know you're not dependent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DustnRoses

Bluelighter
The title might sound a little confusing but my question is pretty straightforward. I'm wondering how many days have to go by after you stop taking Suboxone, withdrawal free (or maybe in minor discomfort) until you know that you're not going to experience physical withdrawal?
I ask because I last took any sub about 52 hours ago, on Sunday. My dose has always been under 1mg, and duration of use is somewhere between 1-2 months. It's been inconsistent though, because I have taken a few breaks, to enjoy the finer things in life (i.e. H, OC, etc.) so I've swithced a few times. When switching back to sub this last time, I definitely felt some degree of withdrawal, about 12-16 hours after my last dose (30 mg hydrocodone). But I switched to the sub that day (Wednesday) used it for 5 days, and haven't since Sunday. I haven't felt anything more than a few chills, some light sweats, maybe a little lack of energy...but I've exercised the past two days and done everything right, like vitamins, lots of water, exercise, etc.
I know sub withdrawals can sometimes take 2, 3, even 4 days to BEGIN, so I'm a little reluctant to get too excited, but I have to imagine that is only in people on higher doses, for longer periods...
any insight is appreciated!

If you haven't felt WD after 3-4 days, you're not going to have any. You win!

Guys, thanks a lot for the replies...I think all my knowledge of opiates really works against me in situations like these. I'm telling myself "well the half life is long, and you used for a while, etc. etc." It's so great to get reassuring info. like this. I'm at 2.5 days right now so I'll wait til day 4 before I get too excited. But I should feel some degree now, wouldn't you say? at 2 1/2 days? At least I figured I would by now. Anyways, thanks again!

keep us posted man, it would be great to know if this is too good to be true!

Well I'm at day 3 now, no real change from how I felt yesterday... The biggest thing is that I'm able to sleep at night, without any real issues... I have been taking a lot of vitamins through these past few days, like valerian and 5-htp at night, and multivitamin, B complete, at johns wort, fish oil during the day. How much of a real impact these have, I dont know... My guess would be very little. But I am at day 3 with no real WD's to speak of. I think I might have gotten lucky this time around.

I'm glad it's working out for you alright, OP. I'll go ahead and close this then.

Feel free to start a new thread if you have new questions, and don't forget about the good old OD Social where you are more than welcome to keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.